Submit a site
Jokes and Anecdotes
Proverbs and Sayings
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Translated by Karen Louise Jolly in her 1996 book "Popular Religion in Late Saxon England: Elf Charms in Context."
At the Edge: The Fifth Direction
- E-zine exploring new interpretations of past and place in archaeology, folklore and mythology.
- Multicultural and multilingual anthology published on the web by children, parents and teachers from around the world; contains rhymes, customs, and games.
Folk Literature of the Sephardic Jews
- Multimedia archive of ballads and other oral literature in Judeo-Spanish collected from 1957 to 1993 by Samuel G. Armistead and Joseph H. Silverman (University of California), and Israel J. Katz.
Fool's Paradise - Tons-o-Trickster!
- Bibliography and large list of links exploring the complex mythic/archetypal figure of Trickster.
Forms of Traditional Literature with Links
- Provides some definitions of common forms of traditional literature, such as folktales, tall tales, fables, proverbs, myths, and epics.
Myths and Legends
- Organized mostly by region and language group. Regularly updated with new sites or changes.
- Listing of examples of oral lore.
Propp's Structure of the Magic Tale
- Outline of the classical work "Morphology of the Folktale."
Regional Folklore and Mythology
- Extensive list of links organized by cultural and geographical region.
Ring Of Folklore And Urban Legends
- Webring for sites on urban legends and folklore, including sites that carry collections of jokes, riddles, songs, and stories, or sites that debunk myths of science, history, and daily life.
- Outlines the origins and characteristics of folktales, and the various genres of traditional literature.
- Traditional and modern wisdom, tales and lore (in Norwegian and English).
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor