Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Eight Zulu folktales contributed by Loreen McDonald.
African Myths and Legends
- Folklore and tales of the Bushmen and Hottentot peoples, compiled by Samantha Martin.
African Stories Treasure Trove: Animal Stories
- Links to online animal stories from Africa.
African Trail - Folk Tales
- Selection of African folktales cross-referenced to other cultures using motif and type classification, prepared by Colleen Matthews.
- Folktales from the Bura in Northern Nigeria from missionary Albert Helser's 1930 book on his teacher experiences.
Folk Stories from Southern Nigeria, West Africa
- By Elphinstone Dayrell (1910), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
Folktales from Africa
- List of links to African folktales across the internet.
Folktales: The Feast
- An African folktale about Dukufruoko (Turtle), told by Oni.
- Illustrated tales from an Accra Academy student project.
- Collected by R. Sutherland Rattray (1913), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
Kaffir Folk-Lore: A Selection from the Traditional Tales Current Among the People Living on the Eastern Border of the Cape Colony
- Xhosa folk tales by George McCall Theal (1886), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
Liberian Folk Tales
- Three folktales collected in Liberia by Peace Corps volunteer Phillip Martin.
Myths and Legends of the Bantu
- By Alice Werenr (1933), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
Notes on the Folklore of the Fjort (French Congo)
- By Richard Edward Dennett (1898), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
- By James A. Honeij (1910), e-text from the Internet Sacred Texts Archive.
Specimens of Bushman Folkore
- By W. H. I. Bleek and L. C. Lloyd (1911), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
Tales from Peoples of Sub-Saharan Africa
- Thirty tales from eleven peoples.
- Zulu story about why the zebra is striped.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor