Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
BBC News Item - Fairy Fakes Sell for Fortune
- The original Cottingley fairy photographs that caused such a furor in postwar 1917 have been sold at an auction recently for £21,620 to British book-seller Simon Finch.
British Journal of Photography Online
- Geoffrey Crawley gives his thoughts and views on one of the 20th century's most infamous photography hoaxes. Also has detailed examples and close-ups of some of the prints before they were retouched by H. Snelling.
Case of the Cottingley Fairies
- In 1917 two teenage girls from Cottingley, England, produced photographs of fairies in the garden.Here, Joe Cooper tells the extraordinary story of two little girls who not only believed in fairies, but made friends with themand even captured them on film.
Conan Doyle and the Cottingley Fairies
- A work in progress by Chris Willis that encompasses not only Sir Arthur's impressions of the Cottingley event but also of contemporary colleagues such as J. E. Wheeler.
- Site about the famed story of two young girls and the pictures they took of fairies in 1917.
Cottingley Fairies (The)
- An alternative view of the episode of The Cottingley Fairies by Barbara Roden. Includes one of the original (unretouched) prints.
Cottingley Fairies Photographs
- An Epoch-Making Event -- The Cottingley Fairies Photographs. Part One of a Two Part Series. By Trish Wilson.
- Do you believe in fairies? This site offers up photos as well as the story behind them. Are they real?
Ghosts on Film - Cottingley Fairies
- Parascope offers a glimpse of a high resolution picture, one of the original five taken by Frances and Elsie as well as a brief introduction to the entire tale.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor