Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Henry Ossian Flipper, 1856-1940
- Autobiography of the first graduate of color from West Point, the U. S. Military Academy. Full text of 1878 book online. Includes links to Documenting the American South.
History of African American Newspapers
- A project of The Reflector Newspaper.
History of African Americans in the Military
- A site devoted to giving African Americans the respect they deserve. They have fought in every major war in the US.
- News and History of the Caribbean.
Images of African Americans from the 19th Century
- A collection of historical pictures from the New York public library.
Internet African History Sourcebook
- Annotated link list (Fordham University).
Kings and Queens of Africa
- A picture book and cassette tape designed to be used as an educational lesson in Afro-American history in a classroon environment.
Km.T Liberation Front
- Dedicated to the Liberation of Km.T from the eurocentric, mythic "histories" designed to cast an ancient African culture adrift in an ambiguous "Mediterranean World".
MSNBC Black History Month
- A great multimedia tour through African American history.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Papers Project at Stanford University
- This site contains secondary documents written about Martin Luther King, Jr., as well as primary documents written during King's life.
Mary Ellen Pleasant
- A site on the life of Marry Ellen Pleasant who was called the mother of Civil Rights.
Missing Pages Production
- Historical reference guide to more than 200 Black pioneer communities.
National Civil Rights Museum
- Virtual Tour.
North by South
- Searchable site exploring the migration of African Americans from the South to the North in the context of cultural transitions.
Our Shared History
- A comprehensive project of The National Park Service to preserve and interpret African American history.
Seacoast New Hampshire Black History
- The history of African Americans in New Hampshire.
- Excerpts from Slave Narratives, published by the University of Houston.
Small Towns Black Lives
- Photographic documentary, art and history project of African American communities in southern New Jersey.
Social Commentary: The Black Community
Sojourn to the Past
- High school students from across the country learn about the civil rights movement by taking expeditions to the South and meeting movement veterans.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor