Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Believe In Miracles
- Learning how to deal with a stroke. Learning what to do to improve your health, how you can stop feeling left out.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Bibliography for Parents and Students
- Bibliography on residential care, community integration, and leisure for developmentally disabled persons. A resource for parents, students, and researchers.
Barbara Robertson's Disability Research Resources
- This site is my effort to organize on-line resources for (a) disability research from a socio-political perspective, and (b) the emerging interdisciplinary field of Disability Studies.
Canadian Centre on Disability Studies
- A consumer-directed, university-affiliated centre involved in research and education on disability issues. Committed to fostering a spirit of collaboration between the disability and academic communities and other interested parties on initiatives of mutual interest and benefit nationally and internationally.
Center for Disability Studies
- A Hawaii University program to promote improved quality of life for persons with disabilities through core functions of interdisciplinary training, research, service, and dissemination of products and promising practices.
Center for the Study of Religion and Disability
- A resource for those looking for information relating to the natural support given by local churches to those with disabilities.
Centre for Disability Studies
- An interdisciplinary centre for teaching and research in the field of disability studies at the University of Leeds. (England)
Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission (CDMSC)
- Disability management as defined by the Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission is the practice of providing preventive and remedial services to minimize the impact and cost of disability and to enhance the client's productivity.
Dept. of Disability and Human Development, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Dedicated to the scholarly, interdisciplinary study of disability and related aspects of human development. It critically examines current and prospective disability policies, conceptual models, and intervention strategies.
Developmental Disability and Mental Retardation Research
- Laboratory aims at medical,sociological and educational research of developmental disabilities-mental retardation with chromosomal abnormality,autistic disorders,physical developmental disorders,intoxication.
- Studies of disability in India.
Disability Information for Students
- International disability news, jobs, discussion, resources. A site designed for students and professionals supporting individuals with disabilities.
Disability Research Institute
- A national resource fostering high quality research, dissemination of information, and training and education related to disability policy. (Illinois)
Disability Social History Project
- History of the disability civil rights movement and famous disabled people.
Disability Studies Concentration
- Applies social, cultural, historical, and philosophical perspectives to the study of disability in society. Syracuse University, New York.
Disability Studies Online Magazine
- Online magazine publishing topics relating to the field of disability studies.
Disability Studies in Education
- Purpose is to encourage Disability Studies in education; to provide an organizational vehicle for networking among Disability Studies researchers in education; and to increase the visibility and influence of Disability Studies among all educational researchers.
Disability Studies in the Humanities
- Syllabi and links from Georgetown University at Washington, D.C.
Institute on Disability / UAP - Durham, NH
- Provides information to improve knowledge, policy, and practice related to including people with disabilities.
Institute on Disability Culture
- Promoting pride in the history, activities, and cultural identity of individuals with disabilities throughout the world.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor