In Daily Life
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Campaign Action Tools and Resources
- Offers students and teachers, tools for fighting sweatshop use in school purchased products.
Do You Know Where That Cap Was Made?
- Cornell University alumni group confront sweatshop purchases.
Educators for Social Responsibility
- Nonprofit group that supports teacher members who focus on social responsibility teaching.
How to Research, Challenge, and Eliminate Military and Corporate Influence on Campus
- Brief "how to" for students to confront what they believe is wrong when powerful interests may not like it.
Lift Your Voice
- A new discussion resource for middle school students, teachers and youth leaders is described in terms of content, background and ordering information.
Lives Behind the Labels
- Rethinking Schools supports this look at the widespread use of sweatshop labor for children's products and shows what can be done to confront it in the schools.
Newark, N.J. Archdiocese Actions
- Catholic clergy demand that school and athletic uniforms come from non-sweatshops and is urging students not to buy clothes made under abusive conditions.
Peace City Treasurehunt
- Nationwide youth campaign searching for creative highschool, college and university students. It promotes creativity as an alternative to violence and drugs.
Students Against Sweatshops - Canada
- Tools, tips and networking for students opposed to sweatshops.
The Power and Limits of Consumer Action
- Consultation on Faith and the Economy of Canada provides thoughtful methods and links to resources for student activism regarding human rights issues.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor