In Daily Life
Submit a site
Children and Youth
Consumerism and Environment
Socially Responsible Investing
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Center for Ethics and Toxics (CETOS)
- Information for making decisions about one's daily living as it pertains to money and its effects on environment, freedom of speech, and more.
- Nonprofit organization now working with groups across the country to organize viewing events for the airing of Bill Moyers' documentary, "Trade Secrets" on Public Television.
Feel Good is NOT ~ good enough
- Motley Fool criticizes SRI as "feel good," but ineffective investing.
General Electric and 3rd world workers
- Corporate Monitor reported GE unions asked for minimum fairness for third world workers.
- Shows actions and how to accomplish change on such far ranging issues as curtailing sweatshop practices to improving the environment. Internship program, volunteer work, activism with a purpose.
Good Money's Survey
- Market Basket survey aims to come up with what are fair wages in all parts of the world.
Got an idea? You can tell Better World
- Better World Member Publications permits both print and electronic communication of your socially responsible actions, plans or even ideas.
Green Pages Online
- Find thousands of green, environmentally responsible, socially responsible products services. Created by Co-op America.
- Deaths or human right violations linked to poverty, unemployment and diseases article dated Tuesday, November 17, 1998
Investors should know how their fund votes
- CBS.MarketWatch.com's The Gadfly writes of Domini Fund's challenge to other mutual funds to put their proxies up for all to see on the WWW. And warns shareholders to keep track of what is going on.
Is It Wise to Invest in the Stock Market?
- Cautions about investing are provided in this substantial, single page paper.
Might As Well Face It, We're Addicted to Stuff
- Hope Magazine, November 1998 editorial on materialism and money.
Mind Power by John Kehoe
- Can the powers of your thought lead to socially responsible citizenship?
Natural Wealth Seminar
- October 15, 1998 begins this program in Colorado and you can join by clicking here.
Other side of the coin
- Independent movie concerning the cultural problem of idolizing money. Seeks private investment.
PAM: Progressive Investment News
- Socially Responsible and responsive news, including shareholder efforts and thoughts from one of the oldest SR brokerage networks in the world.
Peace through Interamerican Community Action
- PICA is an activist organization to enable dignity and human rights for workers everywhere. Based in Bangor, Maine they have confronted Wal-Mart and offer specific alternative places to buy clothing.
Political Activism Resources
- Korean site with world wide links concerning information and activism strategies and organizations.
Prodding for Disclosure of Funds' Proxy Votes
- Article in Washington Post on how investors can stop the self serving decisions of mutual fund managers when it comes to proxy votes.
RTMark: Investing in Chaos
- The Magic Christian Fund at RTMark enables ordinary folks to "act up," protest corporate power.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor