Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Gender Identity - Gender Variance - Gender Roles: Towards a balanced account of sex and gender differences
Alvin Fritz's Gay and Lesbian Studies Resources
- Includes bibliographies, lists of LGBT studies organizations, links to pages on LGBT studies. Compiled by a reference librarian.
Bent On Change
- Information about a queer studies conference in Toronto, November 2000.
Center for Gender Studies
- Consolidates work on gender and sexuality, and in feminist, gay and lesbian, and queer studies. Along with fostering teaching, research, and discussion in these domains, the Center seeks to encourage a public sphere where gender and sexuality articulate with other political and intellectual concerns.
Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies (CLAGS)
- University-based research center dedicated to the study of historical, cultural, and political issues of vital concern to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered individuals; info on applying for CLAGS and other fellowships, calendar of events, LGBT studies syllabi and programs.
Center for the Study of Sexual Minorities in the Military
- Promotes the study of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered people in the armed forces by organizing conferences, sponsoring research, and supporting graduate student training.
E-Directory of Lesbigay Scholars
- Over 600 entries listing the area of research and publications of scholars in LGBT studies, searchable by discipline, keyword, or department. Also has up-to-date list of calls for papers and announcements.
Gay and Lesbian Language
- Bibliography regarding the language of homosexuals.
Gay and Lesbian Politics: WWW and Internet Resources
- A selective, annotated, one-stop guide to news, issues, organizations, government and academic resources, etc., for journalists, scholars, students, activists, and citizens.
Gay and Lesbian Studies Resources
- Includes bibliographies, directories, electronic journals, and information on using catalogs and journals for LGBT research. From the University of Washington Library.
Gender Theory, Gay & Lesbian Culture Studies
- A reading list devoted to gender theory with a pecialization in gay and lesbian culture studies, which includes both traditional literary texts and essays in critical theory.
Gender and Sexuality
- This page publishes texts which address gender studies and queer studies, with a particular focus upon discussions of sex, gender, sexual identity and sexuality in cultural practices.
Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies (IGLSS)
- Does research and analysis on issues important to LGBT Americans, including research on giving and volunteering and analysis of the economic status of lesbians and gay men.
LAMBDA Educational Research Foundation
- Promotes research into lesbian and gay issues and lifestyles for the purpose of public education. Site contains information on its resources and services.
Lesbian History Archives
- Mission is to gather and preserve records of Lesbian lives and activities so that future generations will have ready access to materials relevant to their lives.
New York Public Library
- Expansive list of works regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender studies.
New York University: Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality
- Fosters explorations of gender and sexuality in a broad range of contexts in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and professions.
ONE Institute & Archives
- An independent, not-for-profit California educational institution which houses the world's largest research library on gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered heritage and concerns.
People with a History: An Online Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans* History
- Includes hundreds of original texts, discussions, and images, and addresses LGBT history in all periods, and in all regions of the world. Created by Paul Halsall.
Policy Institute of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Think tank for research, policy analysis, tactical thinking, and strategic initiatives on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender issues. Publishes research papers online.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor