Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Studies
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Allegheny College: Interdisciplinary Minor in Lesbian and Gay Studies
- Focuses on lesbian and gay issues with courses from the sciences, humanities, and social sciences that connect these issues to other cultural themes. Web page has information on requirements, faculty, and courses offered.
City College of San Francisco: Gay, Lesbian & Bisexual Studies Department
- Includes a full listing of current GLBT Studies course offerings as well as application and enrollment information. Also links to other Queer Studies sites.
College at Purchase, State University of New York: Lesbian and Gay Studies Program and Minor
- Focus on such issues as theories of sexual orientation, the history of the gay movement, AIDS, queer theory, and the lesbian/gay artist and writer. Web page has information on courses, requirements, and faculty.
Harvey Milk Institute, San Francisco
- Offers educational opportunities to students in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, and queer communities, and our friends. Courses are non-credited and are not graded.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges: Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Studies
- Lists program rationale, faculty, courses offered, and requirments.
Lesbian, Bisexual & Gay Studies
- Devoted to the study of sexuality and its importance to the organization of social relations more generally.
Lesbian, gay, and bisexual studies at the University of Windsor
- Courses, student support, resources, and minor program in LGBT studies
Program in the Study of Sexualities
- The Program studies the ways our gender roles (the ways by which we express our biological sex -- male, female, hermaphroditic, transsexual -- in society) influence not just our personal but also our social, economic, and political lives. Because expressions of sexuality differ from culture to culture and from time to time, close description and careful analysis of the character and effects of sexualities have provided a major new research instrument for charting and interpreting culture, history, literature, art, and the relations of power.
San Francisco State: Minor in Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Studies
- Official web page, from the College Bulletin. Includes list of faculty, requirements for minor, courses offered.
Sarah Lawrence College: Lesbian, Gay And Bisexual Studies
- Description, lists interdisciplinary LGBT studies courses.
Smith College: Queer Studies Concentration in the Women's Studies Major
- Program description and philosophy, information on courses, requirements.
Towson State University: Proposal for a Lesbian and Gay Studies Minor
- Includes proposed catalog description, rationale, educational objectives, required courses and electives.
University Queer Programs
- A list of queer programs at many colleges and universities, including courses, organizations, and contacts.
University of California, Berkeley: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Studies
- Includes program rationale, course offerings, courses, faculty. Interdisciplinary minor.
University of California, Los Angeles: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies
- Interdisciplinary program that supports teaching and research on the historical and contemporary experience of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, and transgendered people. Information on program, faculty, events, conferences.
University of California, Riverside: Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Studies
- Includes list of courses, faculty, curriculum, course offerings and links.
University of Maryland, College Park: Proposal for a Certificate in LGBT Studies
- In-depth proposal, with appendices and supporting documents all online, for an LGBT studies program.
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee: Certificate Program in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies
- Program rationale, requirements, contact information.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor