Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Model for Language Teachers and Educators: An Interview with Dr. Li-Rong Lilly Cheng
- A motivating story for all second language teachers and educators to reflect upon as a model for knowing self and seeking self improvement.
Aging and Bilingualism
- An investigation that looks at the effects of natural aging on language processes in those individuals who are bilingual.
American Shibboleth: Ebonics
- Background and analysis of the Ebonics controversy from a linguistic perspective.
Bilingual Education: Arguments For and (Bogus) Arguments Against
- By Stephen Krashen. May, 1999.
Bilingualism, Languages & Education Network (BLEN)
- Educational forum helping teachers in primary and secondary schools.
CREDE Research on Bilingual Education
- UCSC Researchers find all students benefit from strong cognitive and academic instruction conducted in their first language
Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL)
- Resource for research into language acquisition, bilingualism, ESL, and policy. Includes databases, articles and directories.
Cummins & Genzuk Report
- Analysis of final report longitudinal study of structured english immersion strategy, early exit and late-exit transitional bilingual education programs for language-minority children.
ERIC Clearinghouse on Languages and Linguistics
- ERIC/CLL provides a wide range of services and materials for language educators, most of them free of charge. These include digests and short bibliographies, a semiannual newsletter, and a question-answering service.
ESL, Bilingualismo e Inteligencia,1997
- Esta investigación tiene como objetivo presentar algunos de los factores que se consideran escenciales para la fundamentación de la teoria de la adquisición de un segundo idioma ASL.
Educating Language-Minority Children
- Diane August and Kenji Hakuta, Editors. A review of the current knowledge about the education of limited-English proficient students.
Educational Research- Bilingual Education
- A large collection of articles from the National Clearinghouse on Bilingual Education, with practical application for teachers and other personnel involved in educating linguistically and culturally diverse (LCD) students. It encompasses program evaluations, and language research relating to bilingual education.
Fostering Second Language Development in Young Children
- Eight principles, drawn from theory and research on second language acquisition and culturally sensitive instruction, to guide educators working with linguistically diverse students.
Improving Schooling for Language-Minority Children
- Outlines the research needs in the area of instruction of limited-English proficient students.
- Educator and teacher resources for second language and literacy development.
LSA Fields of Linguistics - Multilingualism
- By Guadalupe Valdés, Stanford University.
Language Policy: Bilingualism and Intelligence
- Handouts for a Language Policy college course. Somewhat cryptic, but a good introduction or review.
Language, literacy and communication
- Language, literacy and communication are intrinsic to human development and central to lifelong learning. The advancement of multi-lingualism affords learners the opportunity to develop and value their home languages, other languagesand a shared understanding of a common South African culture.
Moving in and Out of Bilingualism: Native Language Maintenance and Shift
- Recent research has emphasized the economic, social, and cognitive advantages available to bilinguals. Yet for many immigrant groups, bilingualism is a temporary phenomenon. According to survey data, Spanish seldom lasts beyond the second or third generation
NCBE Home Page
- The National Clearinghouse for Bilingual Education (NCBE) is funded by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Bilingual Education and Minority Languages Affairs (OBEMLA) to collect, analyze, and disseminate information relating to the effective education of linguistically and culturally diverse learners in the U.S.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor