Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A little French boy brought up speaking Greek
- The site shows some of his writings and drawings in Greek, with a pedagogical discussion. This child can also translate from Russian to Greek.
Acquisition of English as a Second Language
- Theories of language acquisition.
- User-submitted anecdotes of mistakes made by French/English bilingual children.
- A re-revised version of the hierarchical model of bilingual memory
- Bibliographic and web-based resources for those interested in the field of bilingualism.
Infant Dual Language Acquisition Revisited
- "The influx of refugees and immigrants into the U.S. and other countries during the twentieth century has given rise to an urgent need for dependable qualitative research in infant bilingualism."
Jardín Mundial Store: Bilingualism
- Books on bilingualism for students, teachers, and parents.
LSA Fields of Linguistics - Multilingualism
- By Guadalupe Valdés, Stanford University.
Minority Languages in the European Union
- A Comenius Project of the European Union in which students from Finland, Germany, Italy, Spain and Sweden analyze the situation of minority languages in their respective country and in other countries of European Union.
Minority Sociolinguistics in Europe: The Occitan Language vs. the French State
- Despite a worldwide movement towards modernity and its concomitant purported elimination of interpersonal and ethnic differences in the wake of economic efficiency, the ubiquity of ethnic and linguistic minority movements is striking.
- Diglossia and Multilingualism- course notes.
Multilingualism in Israel
- Its geographical position as a land bridge connecting Europe, Asia and Africa , its history of conquest and reconquest, and its status as the point of focus of four world religions all assure Israel of a long tradition of multilingualism.
Nationalism, Native Language Maintenance and the Spread of English
- A comparative study of the cases of Guam, the Philippines and Puerto Rico. Dissertation by Dr. Sharon Clampitt.
- Activity in a bilingual brain. This article is titled "Neuralanatomical Correlates of Single and Dual-Language Picture Naming in Spanish-English Bilinguals"
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor