Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Absolute Authority on Mediterranean Archaeology
- Complete collection of content, community, and tools available on the subject of Mediterranean Archaeology.
Classics and Mediterranean Archaeology
- Massive, sorted links list edited by Sebastian Heath at Michigan University.
- Resources for the study of Europe, the Mediterranean, and the Near East from the Neolithic to the Middle Ages.
Heuristics for Mediterranean Archaeology
- An extensive web directory in English and Dutch to the study of Mediterranean / classical archaeology, with emphasis on museums and excavations.
Journal of Mediterranean Archaeology
- Journal published by Sheffield Academic Press that provides a medium for synthetic studies that deal with the broader archaeological and interdisciplinary issues of the circum-Mediterranean region.
Kapatija: Web Sites in Aegean Archaeology
- Categorized links page compiled by John Younger of Duke University.
Manchester Museum Archaeology Department Mediterranean Gallery
- A gallery telling the story of the Mediterranean basin by displaying archaeological artefacts from the surrounding countries.
- The Australian and New Zealand journal for the archaeology of the Mediterranean world. List of contents.
Mediterranean Archaeology Resources
- Useful links related to the archaeology of the Mediterranean basin (by Ioannis Georganas).
Mediterranean Archaeology Webring
- Index of sites for people with an interest in the archaeology of the Mediterranean from the Neolithic Era to late Roman times.
Mediterranean Prehistory Online
- An e-journal devoted to the Mediterranean prehistory.
- Searchable bibliography of Aegean prehistory and related areas from the University of Cincinnati.
- Extensive website for classical Greek: texts, dictionaries, online grammar. Greek words are hyperlinked for instant lookup (meaning and morphology). Possible download problems.
Research Projects in Near Eastern Archaeobotany
- George Willcox provides information on current archaeobotanical research projects on Near Eastern sites being carried out at the CNRS lab at Jalès in France.
- Special research programme of the Austrian Academy into the synchronization of civilizations in the eastern Mediterranean in the 2nd millenium B.C.E.
The Prehistoric Archaeology of the Aegean
- Dartmouth College provides searchable text, galleries of expandable thumbnail photographs and bibliographies on topics including Minoan and Mycenean architecture.
The Roman Roads in the Mediterranean Region
- Discover the different facets of the Roman roads in the Mediterranean region. History, geography and tourist information. Includes photographs of archaeological sites.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor