Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Brief Guide to Irish Archaeological Sites
- An easy-to-follow introduction to some of the many types of archaeological monuments which can be seen in Ireland, with bibliography.
Ancient Irish Monuments
- A guide from the National Tourism Service to Ireland's wealth of prehistoric monuments. Descriptions of each type with photographs and details of examples.
Ancient Sites in the Irish Landscape
- Photographs and a brief history of each scene by J.M. Abbott. Examples of a holy well, crannog, burial mound, ring-fort, carved stones and monoliths.
- B.J. Hodkinson's report on the archaeological investigation of the medieval castle of Dunamase in County Laois.
Lough Swilly Archaeological Survey
- Michael J. Kimball's study of Later Mesolithic and Neolithic settlement in this region of eastern County Donegal. Includes project outline, papers and slide show.
Spring Tide Allows Glimpse of 17th Century Shipwreck
- The Irish Times reports the most complete sighting by archaeologists of the wreck of a 17th century ship discovered recently off Bull Island in Dublin Bay.
The Celtic High Cross
- Information aboutinvestigations of the Celtic high cross in Clonmacnois.
The Céide Fields Research Project
- Abstract of a report by Seamus Caulfield et al of the dating of a Neolithic field system at Céide Fields, County Mayo, Ireland.
The Swedish Excavations at Carrowmore
- Outline of the excavations of a megalithic cemetery in County Sligo, Ireland from 1977 by Professor Göran Burenhult, which has produced remarkably early radiocarbon dates.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor