Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Photographic tour with pictures from archaeological sites in Belize and Guatemala.
Archaeology in the Mosquitia of Honduras
- Introductory articles, maps, and photos.
Cave of the Glowing Skulls
- Photographs of excavation and art with summaries. Talgua Village is located north of the aldea of Talgua, northeast of Catacamas, Department of Olancho, Republic of Honduras.
Latin American Antiquity
- A quarterly journal on archaeology, prehistory, and ethnohistory in Mesoamerica, Central America, and South America, and culturally related areas, published by the Society of American Archeology. Abstracts online.
Pre-Columbian Chronology, Mesoamerica
- Archeological reference tables. Pre-Columbian Cultural Chronology: 7 Tables Bilingual Spanish English page presentation
Remote Sensing Archeology Research at NASA
- NASA uses remote sensing for archeology research in the Peten Guatemala, Arenal region of Costa Rica, and Chaco Canyon in New Mexico.
Roman Head from Calixtlahuaca
- A small terracotta head found in 1933 in a pre-Hispanic burial at Calixtlahuaca in the Toluca Valley has been identified by Bernard Andreae and others as Roman of circa 200 AD.
Romeo Hristov's Web Page
- Pre-Columbian transoceanic contacts, Mesoamerican archaeology Romeo H. Hristov, specialist on Mesoamerica. Graduate National School of Anthropology and History of Mexico, and Ph.D. (ABD) in Prehistory/Archaeology from the University of Salamanca, Spain
The Ancient Limestone Quarries of Nakbe, Guatemala
- The RAINPEG Project cooperative research effort directed by Dr. Richard D. Hansen. Supported by the Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Sciences (UCLA) and the Institute of Anthropology and History, Guatemala. Also private sources and the Foundation for Anthropological Research and Environmental Studies. Archaeological excavation of ancient quarries at Nakbe, Guatemala.
The Ometepe Petroglyph Project
- Photos, recording techniques, and information about a volunteer archeological field survey performed on Ometepe Island, Nicaragua.
The Santa Rosa Archaeological Project 1996
- The study of an area in Guatemala by Boston University has uncovered prehistoric settlements, including the city of La Maquina (Middle Classic period, A.D. 450-700). Illustrated description.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor