Periods and Cultures
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient Cities Reported Found Under Sea Off Egypt
- Underwater excavations of the cities of Menouthif and Herakleion.
Ancient Egyptian Beer
- Research into ancient Egyptian breweries by the Egypt Exploration Society in partnership with Newcastle Brown Ale.
Ancient Egyptian Quarries
- Detailed information about known ancient Egyptian quarries from the Institute for Archaeological Geology at the University of Toledo.
Archaeological Discovery in Abydos
- Report on several lectures given at the Eighth International Congress of Egyptologists.
Archaeology for the World
- The world watches live as the tomb of a royal Egyptian governor was opened for the first time in 2,500 years.
Bir Umm Fawakhir
- Ancient Egyptian gold mining site.
Cleopatra's Palace Found
- Obscured by murky water for more than 1,500 years, remains of the ancient capital of the Ptolemies have been found in Egypt's Port of Alexandria, reports Archaeology.
Crocodile Temple Uncovered
- Temple of Sobek discovered in the Medinet El Fayum region.
Dig Offers a Rare Peek at 'Pre-Dynastic' Egypt
- Temple found from 300 years before Narmer unified Egypt.
EES Digging Diary
- Fieldwork reports of the Egypt Exploration Society.
Egypt Excavating Huge Necropolis in Western Desert
- Hawass says the extensive tombs are "like festivals of mummies."
Egyptian Culture Center, Waseda University
- Excavation reports from research in Egypt 1966-1991, published by the Egyptian Culture Center at Waseda University. With VRML.
Egyptians Find Tomb of Ancient God Osiris
- Sinking water levels reveal a symbolic sarcophagus of the god Osiris.
Egyptological Fieldwork Directory
- Egyptian fieldwork listed by region by the Centre for Computer-aided Egyptological Research.
Egyptologists stumble upon huge Ramses II statue
Giza Pyramids: Follow the Excavation
- Information about the 1997 excavation work at the Giza pyramids by Mark Lehner, from Nova Online.
Hatshepsut, First Pharaoh to Build Tomb in Kings Valley
- Fresh discoveries made in the Valley of the Kings.
Hilti Foundation Underwater Excavations at Alexandria
- Underwater excavations in the Harbour of Alexandria reveal ancient royal quarters of Cleopatra.
Kings' Valley: Hidden Secret
- Proposal to locate the tombs of Nefertiti and Akhenaten using sonic imaging.
Oldest Astronomical Megalith Alignment
- The University of Colorado declares an assembly of huge stone slabs at Nabta, 6,500 to 6,000 years old, to be the oldest known astronomical alignment of megaliths in the world.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor