Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Jacques Dassié explains aerial archaeology and related techniques. Illustrated articles using examples from the Poitou-Charentes region of France.
Amino Acid Racemization
- Article by Duane T. Gish, disputing the usefulness of dating based on the rate of racemization of amino acids in fossil material. From the Institute for Creation Research.
Archaeological Remote Sensing
- Edinburgh University describes its use of Landsat 7 and high resolution aerial photography for archaeological reconnaissance. Current work and bibliography.
- An illustrated introduction to the discipline of archaeology from Panorama Productions.
- An introduction to archaeology by Ragz-International: the subject matter, history, specializations, methods and techniques of the discipline.
- Geophysical Survey Systems Inc. explain the technology and use of geophysical survey methods in archeology for non-invasively mapping the subsurface and features within it.
Computer Applications in Archaeology 2000
- 28th annual conference in Ljubljana, Slovenia in April 2000 'Computing Archaeology for Understanding the Past'. Abstracts. Award for excellence.
- An exhibit in the Minnesota State University EMuseum explaining the full range of relative and absolute dating methods used to determine the age of antiquities.
- An essay by Dr Peter Reynolds, Director of Butser Ancient Farm, 'The Nature of Experiment in Archaeology'.
- Benjamin Neil explains this growing discipline and its methodology: bone pathology, taphonomy, geophysics, odontology and environmental archaeology.
GIS and Remote Sensing for Archaeology
- A long-term project by Dr. Scott Madry on the applications of remote sensing and GIS in the Burgundy region of France. Methodology, bibliography
- Alan Chalmers of Bristol University explains and illustrates the process of constructing computer based reconstructions of archaeological sites. Examples used are sites in Malta.
Methods of Conserving Archaeological Material from Underwater Sites
- A laboratory manual by Donny Hamilton of the Texas A&M University.
Minnesota Archaeological Predictive Model
- A set of GIS-based tools that help avoid impacts on archaeological sites throughout Minnesota. Description of the project and model.
Modern Technology and Archaeology
- Stephen White's dissertation: Can the use of modern technological methodologies have a significant impact upon the investigation of archaeological areas?
OCR Carbon Dating, Inc.
- Oxidizable carbon ratio dating for carbon-based items from 1 year to 35,000 years old. This laboratory in Vermont supplies a mass of information on the process and procedures.
Remote Sensing Archeology Research at NASA
- NASA uses remote sensing for archeology research in the Peten Guatemala, Arenal region of Costa Rica, and Chaco Canyon in New Mexico.
The Secrets of Alloys
- Account by the European Commission of analysis of objects from the Bronze Age, Iron Age and Roman times to determine the composition of the alloys used by these civilisations.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor