Submit a site
Courses and Tutorials
Journals and Preprints
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
An Essay on General Relativity
- This site contains a comprehensive introduction to the basic ideas and tests of general relativity
An introduction to the Yilmaz Theory of Gravity
- Yilmaz discovered an alternative theory of gravitation which surmounts some of the defects of general relativity. The solutions of the field equations contain neither space-time singularities, or, equivalently, there are no black holes.
Are There Pictorial Examples of Covariant and Contravariant Vectors
- We present pictorial means of distinguishing contravariant vectors (or simply vectors) from covariant vectors (or linear forms).
- A review of the physics which predicts the properties of cosmic strings and topological defects.
- General relativity does not allow one to specify the topology of space, leaving the possibility that space is multi- rather than simply- connected. This paper reviews the mathematical properties of multi-connected spaces, and the different tools to classify them and to analyse their properties.
General Relativity Simulation Contest
- The purpose of this Contest is to prove General Relativity using a (simple) algorithm.
- A popular site with interactive demonstrations of gravitational lensing. The background material is at a graduate level
Gravitational Waves: An Introduction
- This paper presents an elementary introduction to the theory of gravitational waves. This article is meant for students who have had an exposure to general relativity, but results from general relativity have been derived in the appendices.
Gravity Probe B
- Gravity Probe B is the relativity gyroscope experiment being developed by NASA and Stanford University to test two extraordinary, unverified predictions of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity.
Gravity of Gravity
- An experiment at the University of Washington seeks to determine whether the gravitational binding energy of an object generates gravity of its own.
Handbook of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics - Relativity
- A collection of equations important to both special relativity and general relativity.
Interactive Experiments in Gravity
- Try an experiment that illustrates the gravitational attraction between two objects or use a Java applet to understand how orbits work in strongly curved space-time.
NOVA Online/Einstein Revealed
- Profile of Albert Einstein, with additional teaching resources, Shockwave demonstrations, and animations of relativity concepts.
Physics Bookshelf - Relativity
- A collection of articles about relativity
- A set of hypertext based services for general relativity research provided by the QMW Relativity group.
- Rob Salgado's bookmarks
Relativity on the World Wide Web
- Chris Hillman's bookmarks
- A Mathematica package for doing tensor calculations in differential geometry.
Seekers of the Truth
- Here you will find essays and articles which cover many of the aspects of ethics, science, philosophy, reality, and other areas of thought that stir the mind. Explore and learn about the mysteries and inner workings of this complex universe.
Shapiro Radar Bounce Test
- A two part overview of the Shapiro radar bounce test of general relativity. (The two parts consist of a section for normal people, and one for nerds)
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor