Submit a site
History of Number Theory
History of Logic
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Brief History of Algebra and Computing: An Eclectic Oxonian View
- An essay by Jonathan Bowen.
About Slide Rules
- How to use slide rules.
- A site devoted to collector's books on mathematics and other science
- Library of Congress, Vatican Exhibit. Includes articles mainly about Greek Mathematics.
Basic Slide Rule Instructions
- How to use a slide rule.
British Society for the History of Mathematics
- The aims of the British Society for the History of Mathematics are to promote research into the history of mathematics and its use at all levels of mathematics education. It does this through meetings, a newsletter and by other means. The BSHM takes in all periods and civilisations, and all aspects of mathematics, both pure and applied. Members come from a broad cross-section of those interested in mathematics, its history and education, and from many countries.
Canadian Society for History and Philosophy of Mathematics CSHPM
- Promotes research and teaching in the history and philosophy of mathematics.
- ChronoMath, histoire des mathématiques de l'Antiquité à nos jours à l'intention des professeurs et des élèves des lycées & collèges : les travaux des grands mathématiciens et l'étude des algorithmes qui y sont liés. History of mathematics.
Cornell Digital Library Mathematics Collection
- The Cornell University Math Collection consists of 571 books that were scanned from originals held by the Cornell University Library. All books disbound and all pages scanned. The Collection is indexed by Author and Title.
DERA Mathematics Department and its Successors 1968 - 1991
- An account of the history of mathematics and computing in the Defense Evaluation and Research Agency of the UK Government.
- History of the European Mathematical Society from foundation to end of 1998. By David A.R. Wallace, Glasgow.
Earliest Known Uses of Some of the Words of Mathematics
- Shows the history of over 500 terms used in mathematics
Earliest Uses of Various Mathematical Symbols
- Shows who introduced common mathematical symbols, and where the symbol appeared
Edwin Thacher's 1881 Slide Rule Patent
- Specification forming part of Letters Patent No. 249117, dated November 1, 1881. Includes diagrams.
- Cultural Approaches to Mathematics
- A bibliography of potentially useful references.
Fields Medals and Rolf Nevanlinna Prize
- Awarded in recognition of both existing mathematical work and the promise of future achievement.
- Article in the Platonic Realms. Lists Hilbert's 23 problems posed to the 1900 Congress.
- Mailing list moderated by Julio Gonzalez Cabillon.
History of Ganit (Mathematics)
- Includes history of algebra (alzebra), trignometry, numerical mathematics, and geometry in India.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor