Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Society of Wetland Scientists
- a non-profit organization founded to promote wetland science and the exchange of information related to wetlands.
Southern California Wetlands Recovery Project
- Goal is to accelerate the pace, the extent, and the effectiveness of coastal wetland restoration in Southern California through developing and implementing a regional prioritization plan for the acquisition, restoration, and enhancement of Southern California's coastal wetlands and watersheds.
TOWRA-Net - Towra Point Nature Reserve
- All about Towra Point Nature Reserve - Sydney's most important wetland
The California Resources Agency Wetlands Web
- Comprehensive information about wetlands and their management in California and elsewhere. Content designed for the general public, the educational community, and government agencies.
The Coalition for Wetland Protection
- Coalition of non-governmental organizations and scientific institutions focused on supporting and protecting the wetland areas of Poland. News, technical and issues information, and images of Polish wetlands (including peatlands and mires).
The Digital Field Trip to The Wetlands
- Learn about wetland ecology, including types, organisms, food webs, bog formation and conservation with Digital Frog International's award-winning educational CD-ROM.
The Florida Everglades: History and Restoration
- Extensive introduction to this wetlands ecosystem, its history and potential restoration.
The Olentangy River Wetland Research Park
- About wetland research and education facility at Ohio State University.
The Riddle of the Carolina Bays (Smithsonian Magazine)
- The confusingly named bays are not ocean inlets, nor are they confined to the Carolinas (though that is where they lie thickest). They are eerie wetland depressions scattered across the Eastern coastal plain from southern New Jersey to northern Florida.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
- Engendering care and concern for wetlands by focusing on rare wetland birds and bringing people into close contact with ducks, geese, and swans at centers throughout the UK.
To Restore or Not to Restore: That is the Wetlands Question
- Researchers report evidence that human made wetlands may be just as good at water filtration as untouched wetlands, but they may not offer the same rich resources for wildlife.
U.S. EPA Wetlands Homepage
- Works to encourage and enable others to act effectively in protecting and restoring the nation's wetlands and associated ecosystems.
USGS National Wetlands Research Center
- Mission is to develop and disseminate scientific information needed for understanding the ecology and values of U.S. wetlands and for managing and restoring wetland habitats and associated plant and animal communities.
Virginia Association of Wetland Professionals
- Established to exchange ideas on wetlands in Virginia. Organization information, several photos of wetlands plants, and links to related information.
Water and Energy Fluxes Over Prairie Wetlands
- On-line presentation of the field research on the comparative analysis of energy balances and corresponding geophysical parameters of three prairie wetland ecosystems.
West Eugene Wetlands Project
- Information on wetlands, maps, photographs, and documentation on managing a compromise between environmental and business concerns.
Western Wetland Flora
- Field guide containing color photographs, line drawings, distinquishing features, range maps, and textual descriptions for 300 species of wetland plants that occur in the western United States. Identification key and illustrated glossary are included.
WetNet - Texas Wetland Information Network
- Intended to foster easier access to online wetland-related information for various government agencies concerned with wetlands in Texas.
Wetland Plant Ecology at Coastal Carolina University
- Internet course with site visits to Waccamaw River and Little River in West Virginia.
Wetland Regulations Center
- Presented by Environmental Technical Services Co. as a service to all persons interested in the laws, policies and regulations concerning activities regulated under Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act in waters of the United States, including wetlands.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor