Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Friends of Bushy Park Wetlands
- Organization assists Parks Victoria rangers in the passive development of this wetland and sanctuary for 90 bird species in Glen Waverley, Australia. Includes information on wetlands and their biology.
Gary Hahn's Wetland Web Site
- Personal resume page with links to wetlands, hydric soils, hydrophytes, endangered species,regulatory, public administration, etc.
Ginninderra Wetlands Care Group
- Organisation for the reclamation of Ginninderra wetlands.
James Payton's Constructed Wetlands Page
- A constructed wetland is "a designed and man-made complex of saturated substrates, emergent and submergent vegetation, animal life, and water that simulates natural wetlands for human use and benefits."
King County Wetland Topics
- Information about wetlands, wetland plants and wildlife, development and mitigation rules, and educational programs from King County Department of Natural Resources, Washington State.
Kushiro International Wetland Centre
- Archived newsletters regarding wetlands matters in Japan's Kushiro region as well as international wetlands topics.
LA Coast Web Site
- contains information and links relating to coastal restoration projects in Louisiana. Site funded by the Coastal Wetlands Planning, Protection and Restoration Act (CWPPRA).
Mike Walter's Wetlands Page
- Annotated links to wetlands-related sites, especially those with an Indiana focus.
National Wetlands Coalition
- Opposes current implementation of U.S. wetlands regulations as "burdensome and ineffective regulation of private property that does not function as or provide the ecosystem benefits of high-value wetlands."
National Wetlands Inventory Homepage
- from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
National Wildlife Federation's Wetlands Homepage
- Educational materials, information on several major U.S. wetlands regions, U.S. legal requirements and issues related to wetlands protection, floodplain restoration, wetlands library.
Ohio Wetlands Foundation
- Non-profit providing wetland, off-site compensatory mitigation credits and funding wetlands research and education
Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute
- Advocates for watershed restoration, community transportation, and ecological education.
Partners for Wetlands
- Promotes sustainable, productive use and conservation of freshwater wetlands throughout the world. Site has information about wetlands in general and at specific locations.
Penn State Cooperative Wetlands Center
- Information about interdisciplinary research, monitoring, and training regarding wetlands and related resources, with an emphasis in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern states. One activity is developing and testing science-based methods and tools to assess and predict wetland functions.
Pensacola Beach Residents and Leaseholders Association
- A compendium of information for the resident and visitor alike. Includes news and current events, humorous columns, message boards, vacation rentals, island history, hurricane preparations, environmental concerns, and guides to recreation, dining, entertainment and lodging.
Pitt Polder Preservation Society
- Established promote the protection of wetlands in the Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows area in British Columbia, Canada. Provides information about bogs, other wetland types, and their values and functions.
Predicting wetland response to changing water quantity and quality
- Research project examining in-wetland responses to environmental change. Conceptual and numerical models for wetland function and response are applied. Study locations are mostly in Western Australia.
Ramsar Convention on Wetlands
- Official site of the secretariat for the Convention on Wetlands, signed in Ramsar, Iran, in 1971. This intergovernmental treaty provides a framework for national action and international cooperation for conservation and wise use of wetlands and their resources.
Riparian and Wetland Research Program of the University of Montana
- The Riparian and Wetland Research Program (RWRP) is a research arm of the School of Forestry at The University of Montana, Missoula that deals with issues relating to the ecology and management of riparian and wetlands of the state and the region.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor