Submit a site
Native Plant Societies
Evaluation and Monitoring
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
- This site is an academic one. It helps students finding information on agricultural courses. It contains results of research on range plant ecology, plant diversity and forage crops.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Academic Info: Biodiversity
- A partially annotated directory of Internet resources on biodiversity.
- A tool for biodiversity exploration, education, and investigation.
- Explores the economic dimensions of the global biodiversity agenda as reflected in the work of IUCN and the various biodiversity conventions, notably the Convention on Biological Diversity.
Biodiversity Fact Sheet
- What is biodiversity, what threatens it, why is it important, and what are ecologists doing to better understand it? From Ecological Society of America.
Biodiversity Frequently Asked Questions
- Presents answers to common questions about biodiversity.
Biodiversity II: Understanding and Protecting Our Biological Resources
- National Academy of Sciences report (1996) addresses new strategies and techniques for quantifying, understanding, and protecting biodiversity. Full text online.
Biodiversity Information Network Virtual Library
- References and links to resources on biodiversity and related topics.
- Full text online of UNEP-WCMC series of project results.
- Personally maintained website with information and links about several aspects of biodiversity: biological, ecological, physical, chemical, social (e.g., population growth), economical and juridical. Some links in Dutch language or of particular relevance to Netherlands.
Biodiversity and its value (Biodiversity Series No. 1)
- A paper published by the Department of the Environment, Sport and Territories, Australia in 1993. It explains biological diversity and the three levels at which it is usually considered: genetic, species and ecosystem diversity. It also briefly discusses why biological diversity is important, especially the value of its components and diversity itself.
Biodiversity in urban ecosystems
- Links to sites about urban biodiversity.
- International collaborative project with the goal of providing accurate scientific information and predictive models of the status of biodiversity and sustainability of the use of the Earth's biotic resources, and to build a world-wide capacity for the science of biodiversity.
- The Canadian Museum of Nature's quarterly magazine Global biodiversity covered Canadian and international biodiversity news in science, politics, education, community and individual initiatives between 1991 and 1999.
Gondwana Alive Project
- Promoting biodiversity and stemming the 6th Extinction - aiming to compile a book, with contributions from 100 authors from around the world, placing the present demise of nature in a global context.
Industrial Reliance on Biodiversity
- Provides an overview of the extent to which industry in the developed world relies on the biodiversity of the developing world. (FTP site).
International Biodiversity Day 2001, May 22
- The theme this year is "Biodiversity and Management of Invasive Alien Species"
International Biodiversity Observation Year
- Describes the need for an International Biodiversity Observation Year, events proposed, benefits anticipated.
Mass Extinction Underway
- Excellent list of articles on biodiversity and the impending extinction of thousands of species.
NBII: Biodiversity Links
- Access to WWW sites that provide information on genetic diversity, species diversity, ecological diversity, and geopolitical perspectives. From the National Biological Information Infrastructure.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor