Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Caribbean Tectonic Reconstructions
- Reconstructions of the Caribbean at various times in the geologic past (past 200 million years)
Evolution of the Colorado River and its Tributaries
- Article introducing a model for the evolution of the Colorado River and the origin of the Grand Canyon.
Geology Resources at Colorado University
- Paleogeography "movies" of the southwestern United States and the western hemisphere based upon maps made at Northern Arizona by Ron Blakely.
Global Analysis, Interpretation, and Modelling
- The goal of GAIM is to advance the study of the coupled dynamics of the Earth system using as tools both data and models.
Global Earth History
- A series of plate-tectonic reconstructions to show the broad patterns of Phanerozoic Earth history.
- Research into the paleoclimatology of the Himalayan mountains.
Lithologic, Paleogeographic, and Paleocurrent Maps of the World
- Offers images of time slices of different ages of the Earth.
NOAA Paleoclimatology Program
- Paleoclimate data, research, and education.
ODSN Plate Tectonic Reconstruction Service
- Ocean Drilling Stratigraphic Network (ODNS) interactive tool to calculate platetectonic reconstructions of any age back to 150 My.
Ocean Drilling Program - JANUS Database
- Database includes paleontological, lithostratigraphic, chemical, physical, sedimentological, and geophysical data for ocean sediments and hard rocks.
- International Geosphere-Biosphere Program (IGBP) on paleoclimatology.
Paleoclimate Modelling Intercomparison Project
- Coordinates and encourages the systematic study of atmospheric general circulation models (AGCMs) and to assess their ability to simulate large changes of climate such as those that occurred in the distant past.
Paleoclimatology and Climate System Dynamics
- Introduction to the field by Jonathan T. Overpeck. Provided by the American Geophysical Union.
Paleoclimatology and Climatology Resources
- Links to publications, software, and data pertinent to paleoclimate research.
Paleogeography of the Southwestern US
- Maps showing period-by-period reconstructions of the paleogeography of Southwest United States.
- Virtual reality reconstructions illustrating the plate tectonic development of the ocean basins and continents, as well as the changing distribution of land and sea during the past 1100 million years.
- Information about funding for paleogeographic research.
Pangea Coring Workshop
- Announcement and description of an international workshop on a climatic, biotic, and tectonic transect, pole-to-pole, across the early Mesozoic supercontinent, June 1999. Updated regularly.
Phanerozoic Climates Research Project
- Paleoclimatology research at the University of Arizona.
Plate Movements and Climate Change
- Student exercise from Karen L. Bice of Pennsylvania State University.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor