Submit a site
GIS - Geographic Information System Data
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Geoscience information for the western region of Canada. Map, text, images and some data are downloadable. Connections to other geoscience resources are provided.
Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC)
- Global-change data and information analysis for the US Department of Energy (DOE). Compiles and maintains extensive international data sets on atmospheric chemistry, particularly atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane & other radiatively active gases.
Distributed Active Archive Center For Biogeochemical Dynamics
- Digital library of free, customized earth science data from The University of New Hampshire. Data can be FTPd or mailed on a customized CD.
EROS Data Center
- EROS Data Center is home to the U.S. National Satellite Land Remote Sensing Data Archive. Also the distributed active archive center, or DAAC, for land processes on behalf of NASA's Mission to Planet Earth.
Goddard Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC)
- Provides data and related services for global change research and education. Funded through NASA's Earth Observing System (EOS) as a source of information about the upper atmosphere, atmospheric dynamics, and the global biosphere.
High-resolution Shoreline Database
- Information on digital coastline and shorelines data available from various sources. Provided by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) Marine Geology and Geophysics Division and collocated World Data Center A for Marine Geology and Geophysics.
NASA's Distributed Active Archive Centers
- Processes, archivees, documents, and distributes Earth science and socioeconomic data.
NSF Geosciences Unidata Integrated Earth Information Server (IEIS)
- Information that arrives via the experimental nation-wide Unidata Internet Data Distribution (IDD) network, which automatically delivers real-time environmental observations from observing systems around the globe.
- Data retrieval and analysis interface to NSSDC's OMNI data which consist of 1-hour-resolution "near-Earth" solar wind magnetic field and plasma data, energetic proton fluxes (1-60 MeV), and geomagnetic and solar activity indices. It allows you to select a subset from the available OMNI data to view or retrieve.
USDOC/NOAA/NESDIS/National Geophysical Data Center
- Manages environmental data in the fields of marine geology and geophysics, paleoclimatology, solar-terrestrial physics, solid earth geophysics, and glaciology (snow and ice).
Unidata Internet Data Distribution (IDD)
- Community of over 130 universities building a system for disseminating near real-time earth observations via the Internet. The Unidata IDD is designed so a university can request that certain data sets be delivered to computers at their site as soon as they are available from the observing system.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor