Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Quail Unlimited is a national non-profit conservation organization dedicated to preserving and reestablishing crucial upland game bird habitat needed to sustain healthy populations of quail and other species. These goals are achieved through the national organization and its network of local chapters.
Razorback sucker and Colorado squawfish
- An experimental study to determine the cause of the poor success of fish re-introductions in the Gila River.
Redberry Pelican Project
- Conservation project for White Pelicans at Redberry Lake near Saskatoon.
- Focuses on the impact and mitigation of human activities on wildlife. Its goal is to provide a comprehensive index of relevant resources on the WWW to the benefit of researchers, land use managers, and the public at large.
Society for Conservation Biology -- UT Austin
- The primary purpose of UT SCB is to assist students (both undergraduate and graduate) at UT Austin in developing their careers in conservation of biodiversity.
Southwestern Willow Flycatcher
- This endangered, migratory bird requires riparian, cottonwood-willow habitat (although has adapted to tamarisk) for breeding and raising young. It is in decline due to habitat loss and related reproductive impacts.
Swiss Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Programme (KARCH)
- The official task force to promote, implement and coordinate efforts to conserve the native amphibian and reptile fauna, which is protected by law since 1967. Also in French and German
- Ensure that trade in wild plants and animals is not a threat to the conservation of nature.
The Centre for Wildlife Management
- Research and training at the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
The Norcross Wildlife Sanctuary in Wales, MA
- Its present area comprises approximately four thousand acres of wooded hills, lakes and streams. It is maintained by the Norcross Wildlife Foundation, Inc. whose purpose is the conservation of wildlife and the active practice of conservation for the benefit of the public.
The Sierra Nevada Ecosystem Project (SNEP)
- An assessment of the Sierra Nevada ecoregion which was requested by Congress in 1992. This website contains the full report, and also offers options for purchasing a CD-ROM or hard copy.
The Spotting Scope Newsletter Vol 2, Num 1 (Winter 1996)
- Quarterly newsletter of the Natural Heritage Program Wildlife Division, Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
The Thirteen-Lined Ground Squirrel: Controlling Damage
- This NebGuide describes the physical characteristics, habits and management of the thirteen-lined ground squirrel.
The WILD Foundation: Welcome!
- The International Wilderness Leadership (WILD) Foundation supports the protection and appropriate use of critical wilderness areas, wildland values and endangered wildlife throughout the world.
The Wolverine Foundation
- Non-profit organization directed at the support and initiation of research and dissemination of information relative to wolverine (Gulo gulo).
Trade and Environment Database
- TED case studies regarding species loss, habitat destruction, pollution, and others which affect the natural ecology of wildlife.
Traditional Ecological Knowledge of Beluga Whales
- A system of understanding one's environment. It is built over generations, as people depend on the land and sea for their food, materials, and culture.
U. of Maine Department of Wildlife Ecology
- Access many sources of information, such as ongoing projects, faculty research interests, open positions, directions to the campus, and web sites of interest to biologists.
University of Florida Center for Natural Resources
- The Center was established in 1973 as a multi-disciplinary unit, separate from but affiliated with numerous IFAS departments and research and extension facilities throughout Florida.
- Wilderness research, educational materials, and up to date news. Extensive site.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor