Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Cooperative Shark Tagging in Bradenton, Florida
- Program related to the education and conservation of the shark population.
Fishing Singapore - Ken's Fishing Haven
- About fishing and the declining condition of the fisheries in Singapore and the East Coast of Malaysia.
International Pacific Halibut Commission - Publications
- Scientific and technical reports about halibut, including its management and harvesting.
Lobster conservation reference site
- About the U.S. Atlantic lobster fishery and lobster conservation. Aimed at giving the fishing community access to the computer simulation models used by scientists in making conservation recommendations. Includes a glossary, tables, pictures, links, and other materials.
Nantucket Harbor Preservation Page
- Devoted to preserving the last significant wild bay scallop fishery in North America. Sponsored by the Nantucket Harbor and Shellfish Advisory Board (S.H.A.B.).
Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Has developed fishery management plans for salmon, groundfish and coastal pelagic species in the U.S. Exclusive Economic Zone off Washington, Oregon and California, and recommends Pacific halibut harvest regulations to the International Pacific Halibut Commission.
Sea Fisheries Department - Belgium
- Conducts research and gives scientific advice on fisheries ecology (including shellfish), sustainable exploitation of living marine resources, protection of the marine environment, and the quality of fishing products.
South China Sea Fishery Research Institute (SCSFRI)
- Involved in scientific and technological research for the development of fisheries in South China Sea.
Southern Shark Fishery
- Discusses the fishing of Gummy sharks and School sharks in the southern waters of Australia and the status of the fishery.
Sustaining Marine Fisheries
- 1999 report from a U.S. National Academy of Sciences study conducted to evaluate whether marine-capture fisheries are sustainable and assess whether new approaches to ocean fishery management can help achieve sustainability.
The Billfish Foundation
- Research, education, and advocacy to return billfish populations worldwide to healthy levels of abundance.
- A collection of statistics and other data on tuna fisheries, primarily from Japanese sources.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor