Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Catch and Release of Atlantic Salmon
- What U.K. salmon fishers can do to help prevent declines in salmon populations.
Central New England Anadromous Fish Program
- Restoring salmon and other anadromous fish to the Merrimack River and other watersheds. (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
Columbia Basin Research
- Efforts at the University of Washington to investigate issues surrounding salmon biology in the Columbia and Snake River basins. CBR research has produced computer models which simulate and predict salmon migration and survival in the Columbia Basin and salmon harvest in the North Pacific.
Conservation genetic management of brown trout in Europe
- On-line report describing the conservation status of brown trout and providing recommendations for conservation of genetic resources in this and other species of salmonid fishes.
Daily Fish Passage Report
- Current data on fish passing dams in the Columbia River system, northwestern U.S. Fish counts for Lower Granite begin March 1st. Counts for Bonneville begin March 15th. All others begin April 1st.
Dam-Reservoir Impact & Information Archive: DRIIA
- Information on dams, water diversions, impoundments, and hydroelectric projects, their impacts, and related links.
- Fisheries-related information for the Fraser River (British Columbia), including fishing updates, salmon species identification and genetics, and management concerns for the current/upcoming season.
Fish Passage Center
- Current and historic data on salmon and steelhead in the Snake and Columbia river basins.
Hood River Production Program
- About salmon and steelhead restoration in the Hood River, Oregon, USA.
Individual-Based Fish Modeling At Humboldt State University
- Modeling software, theory, and applications. Instream flow model for trout. Salmon out-migration survival simulator.
King County Salmon and Trout Topics
- Online information about salmon and trout in King County and the Puget Sound region, including news, conservation and monitoring efforts, and conservation volunteer opportunities.
Lahontan and redband trout in Steens/Alvord basin vicinity.
- Information on various fish species from southeast Oregon (USA) in the Steens/Catlow Valley/Trout Creek Mtns. and Alvord basin.
Pacific Salmon Recovery: A Sampling of Viewpoints
- Review (with large collection of web links) of scientific, political, religious, and other views about Pacific salmon recovery for the Oregon Coast and Columbia River Basin; including views about dams, hatcheries, habitat, and fisheries.
Passive Integrated Transponder Information System
- The Passive Integrated Transponder (PIT) tag has been developed as a research and management tool for monitoring the movement of juvenile and adult salmonids in the Columbia River Basin.
Seymour River Fish Hatchery and Education Centre
- Raising Salmon and trout for sustaining stocks in the Seymour River, British Columbia. An educational facility for teaching people the importance of fish, habitat and environment.
Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead
- Fisherman's website includes information, opinions, and links about fisheries management and conservation issues, particularly in and around Oregon.
The Salmon Are Calling
- Essay about the decline of wild salmon populations.
The Whirling Disease Foundation.
- Information on the progress of whirling disease research. Whirling disease, caused by the microscopic parasite Myxobolus cerebralis, has severely damaged wild trout populations in some western U.S. fishing streams.
- A nonprofit science-based organization dedicated to the preservation and recovery of wild salmon, trout and other native fish species through research, advocacy and habitat restoration.
Watershed Watch Salmon Society
- Registered non-profit whose purpose is to conduct research, and educate the public about wild salmon and issues surrounding them. Information about fisheries and habitat management topics, particularly in Canada.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor