Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Hawaii Coral Reef Bibliography
- Bibliographic reference data base of surveys, studies, technical reports, and atlases on physical oceanography, biology, taxonomy, water quality, ecology, and reef resources for the main Hawaiian Islands.
Non-Destructive Coral Health Monitoring
- Scientific information on corals and their symbiotic zooxanthellae, a gallery of underwater and coral fluorescent photography.
Palmyra Atoll: Rainforest of the Sea
- A webcast photographic expedition to Palmyra Atoll, 1000 miles south of Hawaii. Features history and photography and video of coral reefs and Palmyra's wildlife.
- Small company dedicated to the preservation of the reef flats around the world through broad spectrum renovation methods, along with education for those involved in activities on the reefs.
Reef Environment Education Foundation (REEF)
- More than 17,000 recreational divers who take surveys of the world's coral reefs. No membership fees - supported through sponsors and grants!!!! One of the most active environmental organizations to date.
- Focuses on rigorous science to educate the public and lobby policymakers to achieve Conservation, Protection, and Restoration of coral reef ecosystems.
- Assembling all available knowledge about coral reefs into one information repository, to facilitate informed management of coral reefs. Topics include ecological surveys on benthic and reef fish communities, existing stresses on reefs, harvest values for different types of fisheries by reef, coastal tourism, mariculture activities, oceanography and management practices.
- Non-profit membership organization dedicated to the protection of coral reefs and their marine life. Targets 6 Issue Areas: Offshore Oil, Marine Pollution, Reef Fisheries, Physical Impacts, Coastal Zone Management, and Marine Protected Areas. ReefKeeper Network facilitates coral reef conservation advocacy by over 300 Network participant groups. Reef Technical Assistance Program (ReefTAP) reaches out to enable locally-organized coral reef conservation initiatives.
The Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network
- Created to assess how, where and why damage is occurring to Coral Reefs and to determine the best methods for prevention.
The Inner Reef
- This site was developed with the intention of helping other reef keepers with information gathering. I will also offer free web pages to other reef keepers who want to send me pictures of their reef tanks.
Venture into Hawaii's Coral Reefs
- Pictures and information about Hawaii's coral reefs and stresses the interdependence of reef organisms on each other.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor