Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ATPases Associated with Cellular Activities (AAA)
- Information and databases on proteins of AAA protein superfamily, found in all organisms and essential for cell cycle, vesicular transport, mitochondrial functions, peroxisome assembly, and proteolysis - from the Univ. of Tübingen.
Atlas of Protein Side-Chain Interactions
- Modeling the packing of all 20 amino acid side-chains with one-another and with DNA - from Birkbeck and University Colleges, London.
Biophysics and Biochemistry of Motor Proteins
- Website for the Banff 2000 workshop - Biophysics and Biochemistry of Motor Proteins. This workshop is intended to bring together bioscientists in related disciplines to discuss the outstanding problems with molecular motors such as kinesin, myosin and dynein.
Blocks WWW Server
- A service for biological sequence analysis at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, Washington, USA.
Codon Usage in the Cytochrome P450 Superfamily
- These pages evaluate eucaryotic codon usage and relate it to a variety of possible biological parameters.
Cytochrome P450 Reductase
- These pages describe the biology, enzymology, and structure of cytochrome P450 reductase, an unusual electron transfer flavoprotein.
- Excellent tutorial from Thomas Jefferson University.
- Protein folding simulations. Project information and software download for Windows, Linux, Solaris, and Macintosh.
- Resources devoted to glycobiology.
- A resource dedicated to proteins that acetylate histones.
Histone Sequence Database
- Compendium of histone protein sequence data - from the National Human Genome Research Inst.
Metalloprotein Database and Browser
- A structural database of metal-binding sites in metalloproteins, including an interactive search and visualization interface - from The Scripps Research Institute.
Protein Kinase Resource
- Compendium of information on the protein kinase family of enzymes
- Protein kinases, important enzymes in cellular function, structural and regulatory properties, protocols, links, literature, books, biochemistry.
- A Protein Substrate Site Search and Prediction Tool. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School.
SIB Molecular Biology Server (ExPASy)
- Multiple resources dedicated to the analysis of protein sequences and structures as well as 2-D PAGE from the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB).
Schepartz Lab Biopolymer Calculator
- Calculates concentration of nucleic acids and proteins based on provided sequence and absobance measurement. Also calculates molecular weight and, for nucleic acids, melting temperatures.
Squalene Monooxygenase (Squalene Epoxidase)
- These pages describe a key enzyme in cholesterol biosynthesis, and discuss its structure, sequence, and biology.
The Chaperonin Home Page
- A repository for information about the chaperonin class of heat shock proteins (GroEL and GroEL).
The Intein Database
- Protein splicing tutorial and database - from New England Biolabs.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor