Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AARP in Connecticut
- Find out what the American Association of Retired Persons is doing in Connecticut.
Charles E. Culpeper Foundation
- Offering grants in the areas of health, education, arts and culture, and the administration of justice.
Co-op Initiatives, Inc.
- Not-for-profit organization which develops affordable housing cooperatives in suburban communities in the Greater Hartford region, as well and home ownership and rental programs statewide.
Connecticut Association For Community Action (CAFCA)
- CAFCA works to reduce the conditions of poverty; contains clearinghouse of reports, data, publications, and websites on poverty-related trends in Connecticut and the US.
Connecticut Association of Nonprofits
- Private, nonprofit trade association of over 515 nonprofit organizations in Connecticut.
Connecticut Institute for Municipal Studies
- Nonprofit corporation created to develop strategies to revitalize communities in crisis and eliminate duplicative public services.
Connecticut Lions Clubs
- Information on projects, Blood Bank, supported organizations, events calendar and membership.
Connecticut Newcomers Club Directory
- Index of clubs and organizations in Connecticut which welcome new neighbors.
Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services, Inc.
- Statewide association of individual sexual assault crisis programs working to end sexual violence through victim assistance, community education, and public policy advocacy.
Corporation for Independent Living
- Connecticut-based nonprofit housing developer which seeks to meet special housing needs in order to help individuals live in non-institutional, community settings.
Greater Hartford Jaycees
- Organization which is involved in community, individual and management development projects and services in the region, most notally, the Hartford Canon GHO.
Holiday Wish List
- Listing of Connecticut charities and nonprofits, with descriptions and holiday and other needs from donors.
Lions Club International: District 23-C
- Directory of local clubs in Middlesex, New London, Tolland and Windham counties.
The Greater Hartford Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Humanitarian organization offers information on its services and programs, including blood donation. Serving towns in Hartford, Litchfield, Tolland and Windham Counties.
UConn Alumni Association
- Membership organization founded in 1888 provides information on its programs, travel, in-state and out-of-state chapters, special events and constituent socieities. Online gift catalog provided, with discounted prices for Association members.
United Way of the Capital Area
- Nonprofit organization based in Hartford and serving towns throughout north central Connecticut with community services and programs.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor