Society and Culture
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Africa Update. a Summary of Human Rights Concerns in Sub-Saharan Africa. September 1998 - March 1999 (June 1999)
- Amnesty International report.
African Human Rights Resource Center
- The Peace Resource Center contains a large collection of international human rights treaties, instruments, general comments, recommendations, decisions, and views of treaty bodies; other U.N. human rights materials, with an emphasis on peace and war related materials.
- Working for Justice - Africa's problems seen from an African perspective.
- Recent AI Publications on Africa.
Article 19: Africa Programme
- The Africa Programme staff are based in London and Johannesburg and their current programme of work takes in freedom of information (Nigeria), truth commissions (Sierra Leone) and media monitoring (Zimbabwe, Malawi), as well as reporting and campaigning widely on general freedom of expression issues in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zanzibar.
Article 19: Africa publications
- Range from short updates on country situations to full reports on the freedom of expression situation in the region.
Freedom to Write -- Sub-Sahran Africa
- The Freedom-to-Write Program works to defend freedom of expression and to resist censorship worldwide.
Green Charter International
- Green Charter International is an African International Human Rights Organisation based on the Great Green Charter for Human Rights and Freedoms. Green Charter International works to propagate knowledge of, and campaigns for, these advanced rights and freedoms.
Hopes on the Horizon: The Rise of a New Africa
- Companion site to the PBS documentary film of the same name. Explores the rise of pro-democracy movements in six African countries --Mozambique, Morocco, Benin, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa -- during the 1990s.
Human Rights and Governance in Africa
- A collection of links, compiled by Columbia University.
Human Rights in Africa
- Reports and information.
Institute for Human Rights and Development in Africa
- A non-profit, non-governmental pan-African organisation founded to advance respect for human rights in Africa through the use of international law.
The Africa Fund
- Works for a positive U.S. policy towards Africa and supports human rights, democracy and development.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor