Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Adilisha: Strengthening Human Rights Capacity in Southern Africa
- Adilisha seeks to develop electronic/computer based distance learning materials aimed at strengthening the campaigning, advocacy and organisational capacities of human rights organisations in southern Africa. An initiative of fahamu, University of Oxford, AfroNet and TARSC.
Africa South of the Sahara - Human Rights
- An annotated guide to internet resources on human rights in Africa.
Africa Web Links: an Annotated Resource List
- Links to sites relating to human rights and other issues.
Africa: African Human Rights Directory Available
- Links to human rights organizations in Africa.
- Constitutions of African countries. Details of Africa Legal Aid (AFLA), counseling individuals and groups on human rights matters, promoting awareness of human rights, and publicizing violations.
African Centre for Democracy and Human Rights Studies
- Charter and general information on this initiative for equal rights.
African Commission on Human and People's Rights
- Information from the University of Minnesota Human Rights library.
African Directory: Human Rights Organizations
- A co-operative effort of Human Rights Internet (HRI) in Ottawa, Canada, and the Netherlands Institute of Human Rights (SIM) in Utrecht.
African Human Rights Instruments
- Links from the University of Minnesota.
African Human Rights Resource Center
- Links to human rights organizations in Africa. A joint project of the Makerere University Human Rights and Peace Center and the university of Minnesota Human Rights Center.
African NGOs Support "HOPE for Africa"
- An open letter letter from African non-governmental organizations.
Bibliography for Research on International Human Rights Law
- Information on the African charter on human and people's rights.
Chapter 2 Network - Advocacy for Change
- Supports civil society organisations involved in advocacy for social justice.
Crime, Justice and Race in South Africa
- An Internet guide to crime, criminal justice, and human rights organizations in South Africa as the former apartheid state makes a transition to democracy.
For the Record 1998: the UN Human Rights System (Africa)
- Index of information links to human rights records of African countries.
Freedom of Expression Movement
- Organization formed from a merger of two organizations involved in campaigning for freedom of expression during the apartheid years - the Campaign for Open Media and the Anti-Censorship Action Group.
Guide To Human Rights
- Information about African (and other) organizations related to human rights law, law, government, business, lawyers, judge, courts, countries, states, legal, law, firms, legislation.
Human Rights Reports and Christian Persecution Profiles: Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East
- International Christian Concern presents human rights reports and country profiles, including Africa, addressing discrimination against Christians.
Human Rights Watch: Africa
- Non-governmental organization monitoring and promoting the observance of internationally recognized human rights in Africa (and worldwide).
Human Rights and Governance in Africa
- A collection of links, compiled by Columbia University.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor