Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Searching for a Cure: Conservation of Medicinal Wildlife resources in East and Southern Africa
- Identifies 102 medicinal plant species and 29 animal species as priorities for conservation and management action. September 1998.
- Solar eclipse (21 June 2001) replay.
Southern Africa Environment Project
- SAEP is an environmental non-governmental organisation working with a variety of South African government departments, educational institutions, environmental NGOs, and community-based organisations.
Sustainable Use in the African Context
- The argument for sustainable use in 600 words.
Sustaining the Future: Economic, Social, and Environmental Change in Sub-Saharan Africa
- UNU Press online book. The authors were given the objectives of analysing the trends and processes of environmental change in Sub-Saharan Africa, and of identifying key issues for reaching sustainable environmental and resource management in the region within the medium-term future until around the year 2005.
Technology Policy and Practice in Africa
- Online book - case studies demonstrating the need to pay greater attention to an enabling macroeconomic environment and the ways that environment interacts with an effective technology policy.
United Nations Environment Programme - Regional Office for Africa
- Acts as the link between the various units and centres of UNEP and the countries in the region, and promotes collaboration and partnerships with organizations active in sustainable development in Africa.
United Nations University Institute for Natural Resources in Africa
- Established in 1986 to catalyze the formation of human capital in science and technology for the effective conservation, management and utilization of Africa's natural resources.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor