Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Environment and Ecology
- Stanford University Libraries/Academic Information Resources
Environment news stories from Africa
- Information on various environmental issues including climate change, carbon sequestration, endangered species, environmental policy.
Environmental Aspects of the African Great Lakes Region
- Land Cover Characterization, Landsat Images of Lac Kivu, Drainage Basins, Elevation, Human Population Growth, Monthly Changes in Vegetation.
Famine Early Warning System (FEWS)
- Meteorological Analyses, Cold Cloud Top Graphics and Animations, Precipitation Estimates, CPC Global Monitoring and Analysis Products.
Geo Africa Earth Science Resource Directory
- GeoAfrica earth science resources in Africa, including geology, geophysics, mining, consulting and contracting companies, and suppliers of exploration equipment and software
Global Environmental Change Program - Africa
- Describes GECP research programs in Africa.
Grassroots Indicators for Desertification:
- Experience and Perspectives from Eastern and Southern Africa. Documents why grassroots indicators should play a key role in the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting systems for sustainable development and, more specifically, in efforts to reverse desertification and other forms of land degradation (Online book: IDRC Focus Collection).
Managing Water for African Cities
- A joint initiative of United Nations Environment Programme UNEP and United Nations Centre for Human Settlements: to build capacity in seven demonstration cities in the water sector, to provide information on best practices in urban water management, and to link sector professionals working in the field of water management.
Medicinal Plant Use in Africa
- People and Plants Online - Working Paper 1.
- The Miombo Network was formed to create a regional network for global change research on the dominant biome of Southern Africa: the Miombo Woodlands.
National Councils for Sustainable Development: Africa and the Middle East
- Multi-stakeholder participatory bodies promoting and implementing sustainable development at the national level.
Natural Resources Development in the Sahel: The Role of the United Nations System
- UNU Press online book. Focuses on the problems of socio-economic development, environmental conservation, and the application of scientific knowledge and technological resources in the Sahel.
Natural Resources and Rural Development in Arid Lands: Case Studies from Sudan
- UNU Press online book. Four studies under the overall heading "Obstacles to the Application of Existing Knowledge in Arid Lands".
Network for Environment and Sustainable Development in Africa
- NESDA is a resource and forum of African experts in the management of environment and natural ressources.
Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System
- Cooperative multinational program to foster cooperation in groundwater studies and development, environmentally sound, agricultural and agro-pastoral development, restoration of disrupted ecological balance, and combating desertification (Egypt, Libya, and Sudan).
Pan African Association of Zoological Gardens, Aquaria and Botanic Gardens
- Representing zoos, wildlife and botanical collections in Africa. Promoting responsible management via the African Preservation Programme, with directory of member institutions.
Participatory Development Communication: A West African Agenda
- CIME is a development communication program that reflects the interrelations between Communication at the grassroots level, the exchange of Information, two-way Media, and nonformal Education. This online book presents the conceptual framework that led to the articulation of the CIME program.
Protected Area Conservation Strategy (PARCS)
- This document is a cross-regional summary of the Protected Area Conservation Strategy (PARCS) project's assessments of training needs among protected area managers in eastern, central, and southern Africa.
Redesigning for risk: tracking and buffering environmental variability in Africa's rangelands
- Overseas Development Institute paper, 1994.
Sangha River Network
- An interdisciplinary network promoting natural, social, and policy science-related issues concerning the region of where Cameroon, Central African Republic, and the Republic of Congo meet.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor