K through 12
Submit a site
Conferences and Training
School Resource Officers
Labs and Experiments
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
About Preventing Violence, Homicide and Suicide Prevention in American Schools
- The editorials and information provided are intended to promote discussion and to raise issues that may or may not have been brought to light by the mass media.
Appropriate and Effective Use of Security Technologies in U.S. Schools
- This NIJ Research Report is based on a 7-year study of more than 100 schools and offers practical guidance on several aspects of security.
Back to School Safety Tips
- Safety tips for riding a bus, biking, walking or riding in a car. Learn the danger zones and how to arrive at school safely.
Coping with School Violence
- Articles and information from the Family Education Network.
Disaster and Crisis Management Plan
- From the Village Christian Schools in Sun Valley, CA
National PTA Violence Prevention Kit
- A guide to helping communities work together to prevent violence by and between students.
R.U.R.A.L. Safe Schools/Healthy Students Project
- This Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiative site in Hays, KS uses a public health model to reduce risk factors and enhance protective factors in children and families in Ellis County.
Safe School Model
- Suggested method of how schools could become safer.
Safe School Planning
- The Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence (CSPV) produced this quick set of facts.
Safe and Drug-Free Schools Program
- U.S. Dept. of Education program vehicle for reducing drug, alcohol and tobacco use, and violence through education and prevention activities in our nation's schools. Site has links to publications, model programs, research, and Internet resources related to the prevention of drug abuse and violence in schools.
School Security First
- A web-based research "not for profit" organization that looks into school security aspects, conducts surveys for parents and teachers, and provides a membership option for teachers and parents.
School Violence and the Second Amendment
- Team concept scenario for students to examine the problem of school violence and make recommendations for ending school violence.
Sen. Byrd's Resources for School Safety
- School safety statistics, Internet links and legislative updates from the office of Sen. Robert Bryd (WV).
Stopping School Violence
- Resources from the National Crime Prevention Council include warning signs to look for, conflict management tips, and things everyone can do to help.
The Appropriate and Effective Use of Security Technologies in U.S. Schools-A Guide for Schools and Law Enforcement Agencies
- National Institute of Justice Research Report. This document provides basic guidelines to law enforcement agencies and school administrators and encourages their collaboration as they decide what, if any, security technologies should be considered as they develop safe school strategies.
USSS - National Threat Assessment Center
- United States Secret Service - As part of its mission to provide leadership and guidance in the prevention of instances of targeted violence, the National Threat Assessment Center (NTAC) initiated a data-based research project to examine the incidents of school-based attacks.
Yahoo! News on School Violence
- News stories, magazine articles and message boards focusing on current and recent school violence issues.
Zero Tolerance Expulsion Nightmares
- Spotlights the downside of the zero tolerance policy already implemented at many schools. Posts guidance for parents and students.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor