Submit a site
Boating Laws and Regulations
Coast Guards and Rescue Organizations
Maritime Safety Authorities
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Do you need a Marine Surveyor?
- Boatsurvey.com locates marine surveyors and appraisers throughout the World who can carry out surveys and appraisals of power boats, sailing and motor yachts.
Lifevestdepot.com Specializes in Selling High Quality Life Vests, Infant Life Vests, Kayaking Gear, and Life Jackets
- Lifevestdepot.com - Specializes in selling high quality life vest, infant life vest, kayaking gear, and life jacket. We carry brand name life jacket such as America Cup life jacket and more. Wholesale inquiry welcome.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Maritime Safety, Inc.
- A non profit trade association established to facilitate the maritime industry's compliance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations and international protocols.
Australian Transport Safety Bureau
- Part of the Department of Transport, Australia, conducting investigations into marine related accidents and incidents. Reports regarding various incidents available on-line.
- Boating safety for kids presented in a fun way. Covering subjects from the history of navigation to why boats float.
- International satellite system co-ordinated by USA, Russia, France and Canada. Information regarding Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon's (EPIRB's), how they work and who manufactures them.
- Database containing safety-related information on the worlds merchant fleet from both public and private sources.
Marine Chemist Association
- An independent professional organization composed of marine chemists certified by the National Fire Protection Association.
Marine Services and Training
- Marine surveys and consultancy for yachts and professionals, insurance surveys, nautical education and software, shipping and training software. Located in Belgium.
National Safe Boating Council
- A recognized leader in the promotion of recreational boating safety and education with a membership of over 200 U.S. and Canadian organizations.
Ocean Rescue Systems
- Water rescue, boat-based rescue and rescue swimmer training agency that provides rescue development programs.
SAR Water related Discussion Forum
- Discussion forum relating to all kinds of search and rescue operations, techniques, equipment, victim retrievals and anything else you can think of as long as it involves water.
Safety at Sea
- 10 basic rules of boating safety.
Safety on the Sea
- This book is brought to you with the permission of the RNLI. It provides useful basic safety guidelines and information you should be aware of before going to sea.
The Foundation for Safe Boating and Marine Information, Inc.
- A 100 volunteer organization working for a healthy, clean, and safe marine environment. Encompasses waters in and around New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.
The Independent Fact Group Investigations
- Performs safety inspections on board passenger ships and also in other environments, to give those in authority an opportunity, based on the facts of the case, to decide to review this matter, with a view to further action.
The Shooting Star Boating Safety Page
- Dedicated to those individuals who freely give their time, expertise and, all too often, their lives to assist and educate the boating public.
University of Florida - Lightning and Boats
- Principles established from University of Florida lightning research are applied to boats, yachts, power boats, and floating facilities. Links include downloadable video, layman-oriented pamphlet, and discussion of applicable concepts referencing latest research findings.
WWW Tide/Current Predictor
- Harmonic tide and current predictor for the world wide web. This site generates basic tidal predictions after you enter the site and options required.
Water Safety and Survival
- Many PFDs or life jackets float the wearer face down. Includes videos demonstrating the problem and offering personal solutions.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor