Submit a site
Bias and Balance
Freedom of the Press
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Study in Online Journalism
- Independent study in online journalism. It is a semesters worth of research culminated into one website.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Stanford University guide to laws, issues and resources related to copyright and intellectual property. Includes FAQ.
- Explores the profits and layoffs controversies in downsizing newsrooms.
- Resource which gathers a variety of issues and stories about internet journalism.
Don't Imitate, Innovate!
- UK journalist Sean McManus argues that journalists using the Internet must be sure to add value to their stories by reporting on, rather than merely republishing, the information they find. Article appeared in The Journalist.
Ethics in Journalism
- Ethics Code of the Society of Professional Journalists, links to additional information and resources.
Final Days? - A Newsroom Diary
- A personal view from the newsroom of the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, which is at the center of a precedent-setting legal battle over the antitrust limits of newspaper joint operating agreements.
Intellectual Property on the Net
- Scholarly paper examines the ethics of electronic publication.
Journalism's Quandary: Dollars vs. Ethics
- Site analyzing issues related to financial pressures and other factors on journalism and media.
MediaChannel.org: Online Journalism
- Will online journalism lead to a more democratic media? Or is it the end of journalism as we know it? Links to in-depth articles from a variety of perspectives.
Play the game
- Web site for the second world conference for journalists in a globalized sports society, focusing on the tension between journalistic ethics and sports business. In Copenhagen, November 2000.
Project Censored: Not fit to print?
- Report on Project Censored's 23rd annual list of the year's (1998) most underreported (but important) news stories. Article discusses reasons the stories were ignored and, in some cases, gives links to further information. Judges were 24 very well-known journalists and journalism educators.
The Electronic Journalist
- The Society of Professional Journalists' online magazine covers issues of current and historical interest, such as prison access, libel, protecting sources, journalism education, and freedom of information. Also reports on SPJ activities and minutes of SPJ Board meetings.
The Ethics of Journalism: Comparison and Transformations in the Islamic-Western Context
- An international conference to be held in March 2001, sponsored by the German Institute for Middle East Studies, Hamburg.
The Organization of News Ombudsmen
- The group focuses on maintaining high standards in the coverage of minorities, sex crimes, anonymous sources, invasion of privacy; plagiarism, conflicts of interest, and other ethical issues.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor