Human Rights and Liberties
Submit a site
First Amendment Issues
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Committee To Protect Journalists
- Features international news alerts and resources from non-partisan international organization of journalists dedicated to protection of freedom of the press and expression.
Fox-BGH Alleged Cover-up
- In a successful lawsuit, journalists fired at FOX-owned WTVT Channel 13 in Tampa for refusing orders to hide the dangers of a big advertiser (Monsanto), won a substantial cash settlement.
Index on Censorship
- Provides subscription information for bi-monthly magazine promoting free speech. Also includes assortment of online articles.
Reporters Without Frontiers
- Reporters Sans Frontières fights for the freedom of the press and freedom of expression, and ensures protection of journalists by denouncing human rights breaches. In English, French and Spanish.
Studying the Media
- Is the media really so free in a democracy like the United States or is it constrained by the interests of corporations? In this talk Noam Chomsky provides an analysis of self-imposed, often unconscious, media censorship.
The Case of Rafael Marques
- Site of the Open Society Institute: Updates and background information on the ongoing trial of Rafael Marques, a journalist from Angola who faces charges of defaming the president.
World Free Press Institute Online
- Provides training programs and assistance to media organizations struggling to meet the challenges of a free press.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor