Kids and Teens
Nature and Environment
Submit a site
World Climate and Environmental Issues
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Dan's Wild Weather Page
- Newschannel 19's very own weather guru Dan Satterfield keeps us up to date with the latest weather news and explains the all scientific stuff as well.
Encyclopedia of the Atmospheric Environment
- Includes a fantastic weather section with detailed accounts on everything from anticlyclones to wind. Printable and very easy to understand.
Live From the Storm
- An interactive, animated weather resource for middle-school educators and students. Part of the Passport to Knowledge series.
Mr. Fahning's Weather Page
- Science teacher explains classification of clouds, the greenhouse effect, tornadoes, lightning, rainbows, and the water cycle. Also includes a weather dictionary and links.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- an organization of the U.S. Department of Commerce. NOAA warns of dangerous weather, charts our seas and skies, guides our use and protection of ocean and coastal resources, and conducts research to improve our understanding and stewardship of the environment which sustains us all.
Online Meteorology Guide
- A fun and comprehensive guide with modules on clouds & precipitation, forces & wind, air masses & fronts, weather forcasting, storms, hurricanes and many more.
- All about the four seasons of the year, what causes the seasons, and a description of seasonsal changes such as autumn leaves in temperate climates and hurricanes in tropical regions. Presented by World Book Encyclopedia.
- Animated weather movies from brainpop.
- Lessons and projects designed to help students in grades 2-12 learn about weather.
Weather Activities & Links
- A general eduactional weather site. Find out how storms look from space and watch some hurricane movies.
- The BBC Online Weather Centre. Latest forecasts from around the world and a host of experiments and activities to try.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor