Kids and Teens
Submit a site
Astronomy and Space
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Aliens Explore Earth
- An ecology database for young teens using a science fiction theme. Includes more than 600 article on ecology, Eastern North American mammals, and pond life.
Amazing Earth Games
- Three online educational games from Discovery Online.
Ask an Earth Scientist
- Experts at the U of Hawaii answer questions about volcanoes and igneous rocks, earthquakes and seismology, natural disasters, geochemistry, the environment, pollution, hydrology and water quality, minerals, gems and crystals, geophysics, sediments and sedimentary rocks, and just plain ol' geology.
BBC Education - The Essential Guide to Rocks
- Archeological site uses Britain's rocks as a guide to its history.
Climate Around the World
- What is the lowest recorded temperature in the world? Mouse over the globe to find out.
Cool Site for Kids Only
- Games and information about Canada's natural resources.
Discovery Channel Online- EarthJourneys
- A virtual journey to the center of the earth, through the atmosphere, crust, mantle and core. Also an actual journey -- a live look through geologic time with the American Museum of Natural History.
Drinking Water; Kids' Stuff
- Drinking water experiments for kids and teachers, printable activities, and links.
Earth Like a Puzzle
- Explores plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes, and the way they shape the earth.
Earth:The Living Planet
- Earth science for middle school students. Explores earth's history, its design, and the people who inhabit it. Also talks about scientists and what they do. From World Book.
- Interactive exhibit about the earth's movements. From the Franklin Institute Science Museum.
Earthquakes for Kids ... and Grownups
- Interesting and amazing facts, historic earthquake information, science fair project ideas, frequently asked questions and a comprehensive list of links for learning about earthquakes, faults and plate tectonics. From the U.S. Geological Survey.
Exploring the Environment
- More than a dozen interactive studies related to the environment. For middle and high school students. Includes teacher guides for classroom use.
For Kids Only - Earth Science Enterprise
- Learn about NASA earth science projects related to air, thunderstorms, the earth's crust, tropical rainfall and water. Sponsored by NASA's Earth Science Enterprise.
Miss Maggie's Earth Adventures
- Every 8 weeks, Maggie is sent on a "Mission Impossible" style adventure that teaches kids about the environment. Each mission features an 8-minute cartoon with music, games, gadgets, and factual content. Requires Flash plug-in.
Murder Under the Microscope
- An on-line project by Heatley Secondary College's Year 8 laptop class about soil salinity in Wellington, New South Wales, Australia.
- A public access site for Earth and space data. We have pictures of the Earth, planets, stars, and other cool stuff, as well as the stories behind those images.
Neill's Geology for Kids.
- A science that deals with the history of the earth and its life especially as recorded in rocks.
- Teaches ocean geography, currents, and life beneath the sea, and through interactive diagrams and Shockwave games.
- A source for those who are interested in the Pacific Ocean and the animal life found there. Pictures and facts will keep you at this one for a long time.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor