Pregnancy and Birth
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Preventable Tragedy
- Information about FASworld, a world wide self help group dedicated to raising awareness for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Links and a support group available.
Active Learning: Bridging the Gap for Fetal Alcohol Effect Children
- Article by Debbie Evensen, discussing concerns about the educational implication of teaching prenatally alcohol/drug exposed children.
Alcohol During Pregnancy
- Statistical information regarding those affected by FAS.
Alcohol Related Birth Injury Resource Site
- A resource for information on FAS, as well as FAE. Providing assistance with research information and pamphlets for school age children to adults.
Alcohol and Pregnancy Don't Mix
- A Ohio State University Extension Fact Sheet. What happens when you drink alcohol and how can it affect your baby when you're pregnant.
- Article discussing the costs to society when a child is the victim of prenatal alcohol exposure.
FAS - Implications for Correctional Services
- Diagnosis and risk in regards to entering the correctional system.
FAS - State of Alaska DHSS Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Website
- Provides screening and assessment, resource materials, and information on support groups in the Alaska area.
FAS Alaska: Project Facts
- Information on intervention techniques for educators, family support, and a list of most frequently asked questions.
FAS Community Resource Center
- A collection of articles discussing this diagnosis.
FAS Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- The implications of adopting an affected child.
- A personal account of what it is like to live with Fetal Alcohol Effects and how to prevent this from happening to someone else.
FAS or Life
- Resource Site for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Information about the cause and effects of FAS, as well as guides for parents to prevent children from being born with this disease.
FASAT(Ontario) Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Assistance and Training
- To improve the lives of children with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome/Effects (FAS) by training the professionals and parents who work with and care for these children, to provide assistance and support for them and their families, and to facilitate activities related to the prevention of FAS.
- A Consultation, Education and Training Service located in Portland, Oregon.
- Resource information for those affected by this diagnosis.
Fact Sheet - Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- A list of causes, and recommendations on how to handle alcohol and pregnancy.
Facts on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Range of affects due to prenatal alcohol exposure, factors, and prevention.
Family Empowerment Network
- A national resource and referral program serving families affected by Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Effects (FAS/E) and the providers who work with them.
Fetal (Foetal) Alcohol Syndrome
- Features information and support for parents and health professionals.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor