Clinics and Services
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Guide to Midwives
- Use this MSN guide to find out who midwives are and what they can do for you.
- A collection of documents derived from Usenet sci.med.midwifery Frequently Asked Questions.
Birth Supplies and Midwifery Kits
- Midwifery equipment for homebirth midwives, including midwife birthkits, birthing supplies, birth videos, midwife help books, and miscellaneous baby products for home birthing, including fetoscopes.
Childbirth at Home: A Labor of Love
- Holistic online childbirth resource center from Shelly Girard, midwife in southern California. Exercises, birthing options, provider questions, reading list, and care providers directory, for the expectant woman. Discourse on topical issues, training options, and plan for a midwifery school for practitioners and prospective midwives.
- Collection of midwifery articles and resources and links to online research articles. Detailed aspects of pregnancy and childbirth and a perspective on homebirth. Northern California resources and services for midwives and expectant mothers, and notes for midwives.
- A specialist site from the publishers of the British Journal of Midwifery. Includes a library and archives, the history, editorial and news and the profession.
McMaster Student Midwives' Collective
- Information and links to Canadian and Ontario midwifery and resources.
- Resources and information about homebirths, water birthing, family products, birth stories and book reviews. Carla Stange is a Certified Nurse Midwife in practice on the Northern California coast for 15 years.
- Collection of articles and links from Midge Jolly, midwife.
- Provides resources to midwives, students and consumers. Includes a glossary, database of midwives, conference information and a forum.
- Clarifies what a midwife is, does, and the different types. It provides helpful questions to ask your provider and answers FAQs.
- Includes FAQS, bulletin board, chat, vast resource of links, visitor pregnancy albums. Maintained by a registered midwife.
Midwifery Today Articles
- Learn about pregnancy, birth, midwifery, herbs, drugs and alternative medicine.
Midwifery and Feminism
- Links, and a term paper addressing the similarities in the feminism and midwifery movements, by Martha J. Blizzard White.
Online Birth Center
- Organization focused on natural birthing and midwifery. Also offers a nice weekly newsletter.
- Includes information about midwifery, women's health and nutrition, book reviews and links.
Washington State Midwives
- For midwives, consumers, and anyone looking for information about midwifery and women's health. There are handouts and an extensive links to other sites.
Water birth - a gentle birth choice
- Informative articles about the advantages of birthing in water.
Wisewoman Childbirth Traditions
- Homebirth information and birth stories provided by a licensed midwife.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor