Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Inspirational site created by author and childhood stroke survivor Megan Drummond. Features essays on Megan's experiences during and after her stroke.
NINDS Stroke Information Page
- Introduction to stroke compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, a division of the National Institutes of Health. Provides links to related fact sheets concerning risk factors and symptoms, prevention, and rehabilitation.
- Detailed information on stroke, the symptoms, therapy, prevention and related nutritional and herbal supplements.
Neurotransplantation for Patients with Paralysis After Stroke
- Description of a Phase IIb trial designed to evaluate the transplantation of cultured human neuronal cells as a treatment for stroke. Patient acceptance criteria are provided and noted to include stroke-induced injury to the basal ganglia region of the brain and resulting paralysis or partial paralysis of the arm and/or leg.
Northeast Ohio Stroke Activity Center
- One of three centers in the USA that is organized to bring state-of-the-art rehabilitation to stroke survivors and their families in need of such services.
- Provides stroke and carotid vascular ultrasound screening services for stroke detection and prevention. Educational information and risk assessment.
Prevention of Stroke
- A brief discussion about ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes as well as transient ischemic attacks. What symptoms to look for and when to call the doctor: by essortment.com.
Project Stroke Hope
- Presentation by a family hoping to help others who are affected by stroke. Offers notes on disability benefits and insurance matters, fundamental information on stroke, and links to stroke-related sites.
Rhythm Therapy Institute
- Practice offering Rhythm Therapy--an alternative method of stroke rehabilitation harnessing musical rhythms. Locations in New York City and Gnesta, Sweden.
Rob Evan Hughes, L.S.W., Advocate for Stroke-Affected Families
- Inspirational essays, pointers to online stroke resources, and information on Mr. Hughes's availability for speaking engagements.
Separating Myth and Fact: Women and Stroke
- HealthAtoZ article exploring women's special stroke risks.
- Links to information from Fasthealth.com.
Stroke (Easy to Read)
- A large-print introduction to stroke, addressing frequently asked prevention, treatment, and recovery questions. Presented by the National Women's Health Information Center.
Stroke Incidence Rises as High Blood Pressure Control Falls
- After more than two decades of steady decline, stroke rates are increasing in the United States, according to recent research detailed at drkoop.com.
Stroke Rehabilitation in the Elderly
- A doctoral thesis by Kauko Pitkänen focusing on long-term rehabilitation for survivors aged 65 and older.
- Tips for everyday living and opportunities to read and share recovery notes and personal therapy reviews, courtesy of survivor Rowland Gale.
Stroke Survivors: The Site for Cerebellar Stroke Victims
- Sharing otherwise hard-to-find background information on strokes involving the cerebellum.
Stroke and Aphasia Information
- Resources for stroke recovery, home therapy. Includes tips for home therapy and survivor stories.
Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease
- Stanford Stroke Center's extensive, illustrated guide for stroke patients and their families.
Stroke, Brain Attack, and Paralysis
- An introduction to stroke, linking to related incidence information, news, chats, and a directory of neurologists. Hosted by NeurologyChannel.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor