Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ABCNews: Dont Do Windows?
- Feb. 8. Story with a simple moral: Always read the fine print. In February 1998 an Australian systems manager named Geoffrey Bennett, after buying a Toshiba laptop with Windows 98 installed, noted an interesting clause in Microsofts standard End User Licensing Agreement.
Australia: Cantech Online: GTV 9 Perth
- Major Australian television station runs Linux refund story: 5 meg .avi file download.
Australia: Sydney Morning Herald, Fairfax IT News
- User gets Windows refund from Toshiba.
BBC: Windows refund day dawns
- "Windows may be on more than 90 per cent of the world's Personal Computers, but a growing campaign takes to the streets on Monday to keep the Microsoft Operating System (OS) in its box."
CNET News.com: Group of PC users wants Windows refund
- Describes refund campaign; terms EULA clause a "loophole".
CNN: Group seeks refunds for bundled versions of Windows
- Cable News Network coverage.
CNN: Interactive: Windows license opens door for Linux refund
- Reprint of 99-1-21 LinuxWorld piece.
Detroit News: Linux users unite to get refund from Microsoft
- Edited reprint of Raleigh News & Observer piece.
Excite UK Technology Channel: Hype Escalates over Special Refund Day
- Brief piece on rising interest in Windows Refund Day. Help! URL moved, stories renumbered over time: "tech4.txt" was recently "tech3.txt". No clear formula, if any, for permanent URLs. Can anyone find this again?
InfoWorld: Group seeks refunds for bundled versions of Windows
Information Week: Want A Refund? Try The IRS
- "...don't expect any money while Microsoft and the Justice Department do battle in court. If Microsoft loses, however, look for "lawsuits coming out of the woodwork..."
LA Times: G'Day, Microsoft Foes
- Bennett's refund saga with Toshiba Australia, and the foundation of Windows Refund Day.
Linux Today: Windows Refund Madness
Linux Today: Windows Refund Newsletter, Issue 1 available
Linux Weekly News: Monday, February 15, is Windows refund day
- "... it is a bit disappointing that there are not more organized groups out there."
Linux Weekly News: The Windows refund movement is snowballing
- Discusses WinRefund Movement on bottom 1/8 of page one; or near the top of the 1-big-page LWN.
LinuxWorld: Windows license opens door for Linux refund
- Call your PC maker, not us, says Microsoft.
LinuxWorld: Windows refund initiative gearing up for Feb. 15
- Via IDG News Service. "We expect Microsoft to take a stack of checks, stick them in the laser printer and do the right thing,"
NY Times: Linux Users Going Straight to Microsoft
- Second of 3 short articles on one page.
Network World: Kearn's column: Get rid of Windows, and get your money back!
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor