Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
APDIP Internet Governance Headlines
- Internet Governance News Headline service primarily directed at Developing Countries in the Asia Pacific. Produced by UNDP.
Berkman Center for Internet and Society
- A research program founded to explore cyberspace, share in its study, and help pioneer its development.
Civil Society Internet Forum
- The Civil Society Internet Forum works with ICANN and other organisations to bring a civil society voice to Interent Governance. 1) to make the Internet as a ground and instrument for the global civil society beyond national boundaries and 2) to work for the democratization of the Internet and Internet governance.
Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
- CPSR's website devoted to issues such as Internet filters, encryption, digital signatures, PICS, ethics, NII, and privacy.
Eactivism.org: Politics For Technophiles
- Eactivism.org presents political issues of interest to the technological community and allows users to discuss them and take action.
Editorial Feature on Microsoft and the Internet
- This editorial argues that Microsoft is developing immense power over the digital infrastructure of the planet and argues in favor of radical measures against them.
G8 Global Information Society
- Pages on initiatives of the G8 (formerly G7) electronic networks and commerce initiatives.
Governing the DNS Commons
- A conference by Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility about ICANN and the Domain Name system. Papers, Audio and Video Feeds, Printable Proceedings. Keynote by Ralph Nader.
- Green-eCommerce links the people and organizations around the world who are working on the environmental impacts of the networked economy. Its goal is to foster the research, policies, and programs that can lead to a sustainable digital future.
How to register to vote in the Fall 2000 ICANN elections.
- How to vote in the ICANN elections. Information for webmasters and internet users about the ICANN elections, from KathleenLisson.com
ICANN-Related Content from the Berkman Center
- Complete index of all ICANN-Related Content from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, including meeting archives, webcasts, and analysis.
- A watchdog group that publishes ICANN-related news and articles. Has mailing list if interested.
- Not ICANN - Site created to track and provide information on ICANN elections. Excellent realtime tracking and projections based on voter turnout.
IP Multicast - Policy, Bandwith, MBone
- The IP Multicast Initiative (IPMI) is a world-wide, multi-vendor forum accelerating the adoption of IP Multicast (an IETF standard). Through education and marketing, the IPMI is stimulating demand of IP Multicast products and related services.
Internet Democracy Project homepage
- The Internet Democracy Project seeks to enhance the participation of Internet users worldwide in non-governmental bodies that are setting Internet policy and to advocate that these bodies adhere to principles of open participation, public accountability and human rights.
- The ACM is broadly interested in issues affecting the growth and development of the Internet, including the creation and activities of organizations that develop technical standards, set policies, and otherwise influence the future of the Net.
Internet Protocol - Quality of Service Page
- Reports the efforts made by ITTC in IP QoS (Quality of Service) research.
Internet Public Policy Network
- The Internet Public Policy Network (IPPN) is a network of Internet policy experts that provide content and services dealing with telecommunications,electronic commerce, and community technology issues. Includes Speakers' Bureau, Directory of Experts, Customized research.
Internet and Society 1999 - Course Description
- Harvard Law School Course on Internet Policy. "This course examines current legal, political, and technical struggles for control/ownership of the global Internet and its content."
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor