Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
An Industry Born
- A series written by Pierre De La Mare covering the history of printing from Gutenburg through the 20th century. Printing World magazine
Art for Industry's Sake
- A dissertation covering the invention of halftone technology, mass photography and the transformation of print culture,1880-1920.
Book Information Website
- Devoted to the history and art of printed communication.
Concise History of the British Newspaper
- Detailing more than 200 key dates in the history of newspaper publishing and the newspaper industry in the U.K..
Daniel Traister's Home Page
- An extensive listing of resources for the history of books and printing.
Dave's Linotype Website
- Dedicated to the history of the machine and trade with a discussion forum, photos, news, and a search for submissions.
Digital Watermark & Ornament Catalogue
- A collection of watermarks and printers' ornaments used by William Stansby. Also includes a biography of William Stansby.
Frank Granger's Printing History
- This site has information about Frank Granger, a teacher of printing technology and links to papers written by him.
Graphion's Online Type Museum
- This site offers information about the history and practice of typesetting as well as biographies of notable printers in history.
- A biography of Johann Gutenburg and his contributions to printing.
International Dunhuang Project Bookbinding Pages
- An introduction to the projects' collection. Contains a history of several styles of book binding in China.
Melbourne Museum of Printing
- A working and teaching museum located in Australia. Specializes in the preservation of letterpress printing.
Modern Fine Printing
- A site dedicated to British and American fine printing of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Includes writings by printers and designers. Also includes some scholarly works.
Museum Of Printing
- The home of a large collection of historical printing equipment, this non-profit organization is dedicated to preserving the history of the graphic arts, printing equipment and printing craftsmanship.
New Wave Canada
- This exhibition examines in detail the workings of one of Canada's most innovative and productive small presses, The Coach House Press, in the course of its first ten years of operation from 1965 to 1975. Also deals with the small press movement in Canada
PrintersMark: History of Printing Quick Links
- Explores printing history from the 11th century to modern day.
- One mans journey through an apprenticeship as a compositor starting in 1968. Covers monotype and linotype. Also talks about compositing before computerization.
Printing: History and Development
- From the birth of papermaking in China to modern day advances in print technology. Links to related sites.
Printing: Renaissance & Reformation
- An online exhibit that examines the development of printing and its influence on European culture.
St Bride Printing Library
- One of the specialist public reference libraries of the Corporation of London. Features world famous collections covering printing and related topics such as papermaking.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor