Agriculture and Forestry
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Approved Hemp Research Projects
- A list of current research projects from ARDI, Manitoba Agriculture and Food, Canada.
Article: A Fungus Disease of Hemp
- By Vera K. Charles and Anna E. Jenkins, Journal of Agricultural Research, October 15, 1914, 5 pages including plate.
- Bioresource Hemp and Other Fibre Plants, symposium organized by nova-Institute in Germany. The 3rd International Symposium was in Wolfsburg on September 13-16, 2000. In English, German version available.
- Membership-based organization whose mission is to empower the people of Canada through educational activities about the history, status, uses and the economical and social benefits of industrial hemp.
Canadian Food Inspection Agency - Industrial Hemp fact sheet
- Plant Health and Production Division, Plant Products Directorate. Includes FAQ. There is a nice search engine in the banner at the top of the page.
Canadian Hemp Corp
- Manufacturing, processing, and distribution of Canadian hemp products.
Canadian Regulations on Industrial Hemp
- A large source of information on Industrial Hemp in Canada from Health Canada. In English and French. Includes Canadian government contact information.
Canadian Seed Growers' Association
- The C.S.G.A. is the sole seed pedigreeing agency for most agricultural crops in Canada.
Characteristics of Industrial Hemp Seed
- A Brief Analysis of the Characteristics of Industrial Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) Seed Grown in Northern Ontario in 1998. By Herb A. Hinz, Undergraduate Thesis, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, May 19, 1999.
Dr. Dave's Hemp Archives
- By David P. West, Ph.D., who heads the Hawaii Industrial Hemp Research Project. The two dozen articles include "Killing Cannabis with mycoherbicides" and "Ecce Granum" and "Hemp and Marijuana: Myths and Realities" written by Dr. Dave.
Eating Out - Mr Hippy sells cannabis cones
- By Richard Allen, This is London, Evening Standard OnLine.
Evaluating Textile Properties of Alberta Hemp
- Alberta hemp symposia proceedings paper which reviews the use of hemp for textiles and its potential for the Alberta region of Canada
Farm Bureau - Alternative Crops
- American Farm Bureau Federation article on hemp from the 1998 convention.
Fibrex Canada, Inc
- Producers and processors of hemp and flax fibers for yarn spinning, nonwovens processes and pulping applications. Detailed diagram of fiber manufacturing process. Links to related sites.
GCMS Analysis of the Total Delta -9-THC Content of Both Drug- and Fiber-Type Cannabis Seeds
- By: Samir A. Ross, Zlatko Mehmedic, Timothy P. Murphy, and Mahmoud A. ElSohly. Published: Journal of Analytical Toxicology, ISSN 0146-4760, Volume 24, Number 8, November/December, pp. 715-717.
Gen-X Research - Hemp Seed Specialists
- The focus of Gen-X is hemp seed production geared towards the food and nutraceutical sectors. Exclusive distributor of the FIN-314 hemp seed variety.
- Information resource for hemp growers, processors and users. Searchable database of categorised directories of educational, research and business sites. Links to events, investor information and legislation, media articles and news.
Growing Industrial Hemp
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture site which describes cultivation methods, processing techniques, potential products and economics of hemp cultivation in Canada.
Growing their own
- From the Environmental News Network. A story on New Zealand's emerging hemp industry.
Hawaii State Representative Cynthia Thielen
- Co-sponsored the bill which allowed Hawaii to be the first state in the nation to plant Industrial Hemp again.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor