Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Early Dance & Music
- Coranto Early Dance & Music specializes in performances of period dance and music. It promotes excellence of demonstration, authenticity of style and increased awareness of this important aspect of history in three distinct areas: concerts, participation in a variety of events and functions, the presentation of workshops and lecture demonstrations.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
California Heritage Dancers
- Group recreating the American dances that evolved into modern square-dancing: from the English country dances of the 1700s, to the present day. Includes descriptions of the dances, and information about performances and rehearsals.
- Dance history ensemble of Goucher College in Baltimore, Maryland. Performs ballroom dances of the 18th, 19th and early 20th century. Calendar of upcoming performances.
- UK based group working on dance from mediaeval times to the late 18th century. Information about concerts, educational services, and publications.
Dance History Teachers Discussion Group
- Discussion archives, and information about subscribing.
Dance Through Time
- Company that researches, preserves, presents, and educates the public about Western social dances from the 15th century to the present, based in San Francisco. Includes information about upcoming performances, and hiring the company for teaching or performance.
Dolmetsch Historical Dance Society
- Society aiming to promote teaching, performance and research in European dance from the 15th to the 19th century. Includes information about the journal "Historical Dance", books, practice tapes, conferences, summer schools, and a list of dance groups in the UK.
Early Dance Circle
- Umbrella organization for early dance in the UK. Includes information about membership.
Early Dance at Longy 2001
- A workshop in baroque and late renaissance dance, taught by Ken Pierce. Cambridge, Massachusetts, July.
Encarta: Popular and Social Dance
- From the early middle ages to the 1990s.
Federica Calvino Prina
- Italian dancer and teacher of renaissance and baroque dance. Information about future courses and performances.
- Cincinnati, Ohio based company. Performs and teaches dances from the renaissance to the First World War. Includes an overview of the dances.
Historic and Vintage Dance Teaching and Performance
- 16th century to 1920s social dance. Includes information about vintage dance events in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Historical Dance Classes
- Classes in 12th to 19th century and baroque dance in England and Wales.
Historical Social Dance Ensemble
- Washington, DC-based performance troupe. Includes repertoire of 19th and 20th century dances, and photos of renaissance dancing.
- Dancers from Austria, Germany and the Netherlands whose repertoire includes baroque stage dance, domestic dance from the Biedermeier period, and ballroom dance from the Strauss era. Includes information about their CDs of dance music, and CD-ROM on baroque dance.
Il Teatro Amoroso
- Renaissance and baroque dance-theater ensemble. Information about upcoming performances and classes.
- Based in the UK, Verna Wass teaches traditional and historical dance for schools and other groups: from medieval line dances to the 20th century. Also available for displays, ceilidhs and barn dances.
Library of Congress: Dance Instruction Manuals
- Facsimiles and SGML versions of social dance manuals from 1490 to 1920. Also includes video clips and an essay giving an overview of the collection.
Master Hyll's Terpsichorean School of Dance and Deportment
- Offers easy dance programs for 1700-1870 period balls and re-enactments. Based in Dayton, Ohio.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor