Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Academy of Danse Libre
- Performing group for 19th and early 20th century social dance, based in California. Includes information about upcoming performances, and photos from past performances.
Bay Area English Regency Society (BAERS)
- Includes a calendar of upcoming events.
- Denver based band playing instruments from the American frontier of 1865, for dances, re-enactments, and historical programs. Includes descriptions of the dances and the required etiquette.
Friends of the English Regency
- Informal group whose "most conspicuous" activity is dancing. Information about upcoming dances, including their monthly drum in Culver City, California.
Grand Traditions Vintage Dance Academy
- Covering dances from the Victorian era through the Ragtime, 1920s, and swing periods. Social dance classes, workshops, and balls in Michigan, for dancers of all levels.
Lansdowne Vintage Dancers
- Based in the Philadelphia area. Includes information about upcoming events.
Lively Arts History Association: Vintage Dance
- Dance classes and balls in southern California. Includes the Social Daunce Irregulars' site.
- Philadelphia based company performing American dances from the colonial period to the 1940s. Site contains information about the dances and their reconstruction, tips on good etiquette, dance cards, a bibliography of primary sources, and a calendar of events.
Period Ballroom Dance Directory
- A list of upcoming dance events, dance groups and dance teachers, with web-links or contact details.
Period Events and Entertainments Re-Creation Society (PEERS)
- Dedicated to the performing arts of the past. Includes information about period balls and vintage dance classes in California.
- Social dances from the 19th century, ragtime era, and 1920s. Site includes information about the group, the dances, and classes and balls in Palo Alto, California.
Regency Dance Society
- Information about balls in California, and photographs from past events.
Stanford Vintage Dance Ensemble
- Includes photographs of the group and their costumes, and essays on social dance.
The Commonwealth Vintage Dancers
- Reconstructing, performing and teaching social dances of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Site includes information about the annual Newport Vintage Dance Week, and upcoming events in and around New England.
The Flying Cloud Academy of Vintage Dance
- Cincinnati Ohio based organization dedicated to the preservation, performance, and teaching of historic ballroom dance and music. Site includes essays, bibliographies, and information about classes, performances and balls.
Victorian Dance Ensemble
- Specializing in dance from the 1860s. Includes some background on the dances, and information about upcoming demonstrations, balls, and classes in Maryland and Pennsylvania. Also contains information about their video: Civil War Dance Instruction.
Victorian Events Calendar
- Listings include period balls, vintage dance programs, concerts, exhibits and symposiums.
Vintage Dance Society
- Connecticut based group. Information about performances by their performing troupe "Polite Society", a list of dances taught, a reconstructed quadrille variation, and a discography.
- Dancing from the mid-19th century through to the ragtime era. Includes a mailing list, a list of dance clubs in the US, and a list of sources of information and accessories.
Ye Gaskell Occasional Dance Society
- Victorian balls in Oakland, California, preceded by a class covering the evening's dances.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor