Submit a site
Early Instruments Shopping
Pipe and Tabor
Viola de Gamba
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alden and Cali Hackmann's Hurdy-gurdy Site
- Information of all sorts about the hurdy-gurdy, also called the vielle à roue.
America's Shrine to Music Museum
- Founded as an academic support unit of The University of South Dakota, this collection includes more than 10,000 American, European, and non-Western instruments from virtually all cultures and historical periods.
Ancestral Instruments by David Marshall
- Maker of a range of early instruments, including bagpipes, reedpipes, hornpipes, bag hornpipes, small shawms, mediaeval fiddles, rebec, tromba marina and citole.
Ancient Lithuanian Kanklës
- History, acoustics, and playing technique of a stringed folk instrument similar to a hammered dulcimer.
Antique Sound Workshop, Ltd.
- Information about the history, publications, and sales policies of the workshop.
- Hurdy-gurdy maker from Budapest, who provides copies of museum pieces, modified versions for modern performance, repair work, tuning and construction of cases.
Bate Collection of Musical Instruments
- An extensive and systematic collection of European orchestral woodwind instruments donated to the University of Oxford by Philip Bate.
Beunk & Wennink
- Early pianos restored, sold, rented.
- Boudreau Flûtes
- A list of bass and contrabass instruments, past and present.
Crumhorn Home Page
- Information about the crumhorn, including listings of makers, sound files, bibliography and links.
Culturekiosque Klassiknet: Baroque Instruments
- A dictionary to provide the music lover with a reasonable amount of information about period instruments.
- Personal and instrument information about this renaissance cornetto performer.
Diabolus in Musica Guide to Early Instruments
- Information on as many early instruments as possible.
Dolmetsch Musical Instruments
- Sales, restoration and repair of early instruments, information and articles, sheet music, advice and useful links.
- A workshop founded by a famous family of instrument makers, the offer musical instruments, summer courses, online theory and recorder lessons.
- A description of the Dulcian or Curtal, which is the renaissance predecessor of the bassoon.
Early Music Ensembles and Brass/Percussion
- Promoting the use of brass, timpani and other percussion in early music.
Early Music Files and Images Collected by Charlie Jackson
- Sound files and images of instruments from the Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque periods.
Early Music Vincent Ho
- Early music and instruments, sound files of harpsichords and clavichords, and a table with pictures of the author's early music instruments collection, from medieval psalteries to renaissance recorders.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor