Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Organ of the Middle Ages
- History of the organ in western Europe after the fall of Rome.
P.G. Bleazey Handmade Woodwind and Percussion Instruments
- Copies of woodwind instruments of the flute family from as early as the 13th century to the renaissance period, and percussion instruments based on originals in museums throughout England.
- Wind instrument ensembles in Italy from 1450 to 1620 by Brenda Johnstone.
Rare Lesser-Spotted Double Reeds
- Information about the crumhorn, curtal, nyckelharpa, ophicleide, and heckelphone.
- Origin and history of the rebec, construction, playing, tuning, bibliography, and many illustrations.
Renaissance Cittern Page
- Information on its history, articles, art, music, recordings, players, composers, and builders.
- Demonstration of a consort of renaissance instruments by Yasuhiko Higaki.
Renaissance Workshop Company Ltd.
- An early music workshop making medieval (mediaeval), renaissance and baroque musical instruments for historical performance.
Sandro Asinari Violinmaker in Cremona Italy
- A workshoop that makes and repairs bowed instruments.
- Provides basic information for the interested lay person on all aspects of the instrument, from its early history through the present day.
Stefano Meneghini's Early Music Page
- Information about the harpsichord, virginal and clavichord, audio files, related links and early music iconography.
The Clarke Tinwhistle Company
- Manufacturers of tinwhistles since 1843.
The Guitar Pre-1650
- A small history of the guitar and its predecessors by W. J. (Joe) Bethancourt III .
The Saxon Lyre
- History, construction, and playing techniques.
Thomas Block Glass Harmonica
- A soloist who specializes in this rare instrument, manufactured by Gerhard Finkenbeiner.
Troubadours & Instruments
- A paper titled "Peirol's Vielle, instrumental participation in the troubadour repertory" by Joel Cohen.
Unlocking the Secrets of the Kinnor and the bar Kochba Coins
- Research by Dennis F. McCorkle about the tuning of the harp lyre kinnor of King David as seen on the bar Kochba coins from ancient Israel, and other sources.
Wind Instruments of the Renaissance
- Information on wind instruments of the Renaissance.
Woodwinds by Charles Collier
- Maker of renaissance recorders, flutes, shawms and cornetti.
von Huene Workshop, Inc.
- Maker and dealer of historical woodwinds. They also repair instruments and sell music, accessories and instruments by all makers of historical woodwinds, strings and keyboards.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor